blue and yellow // the used

I throw my phone at the wall, making a crack in the green wall. I don't care if I shattered my phone, I have skype still to talk to my family. I pull my knees to my chest, sobbing. I'm sick and tired of everyone. Nobody believes that I left Australia because I wanted to live in the house I grew up in and I wanted to keep this house. Me leaving Sydney is not the cause of Alex's suicide attempt. Alex is depressed. Alex has always struggled with being the son of two famous people. I haven't really because I was home schooled and he is not. It's hard. Plus the fact that the press has been on our asses since I moved has made it worse. I sigh, getting up and wiping my face from tears, opening my laptop just to open up skype. I immediately call my dad since he was online. He answers the call with two rings.
"Hey." He says and then sees the mess I am. "Hey, are you okay?" I shake my head.
"I fucking hate the paps. I hate them so much. Why can't they leave us alone?" I manage to spit out through my tears.
"Is it all of the stuff on twitter?" He asks. I just nod. "Madi, you just need time away from everything. Maybe even the house like Alex said. I feel like you've stayed inside hiding from the paps for too long. How long has it been since you first saw it on the news?" He asks.

"Two weeks." I mumble, hugging my knees.
"Madison. You need to leave the house at some point. You can't hide forever."
"What if they are outside of the house, Dad?" I try not to yell, but that's how it comes out.
"It's okay. Just make sure they aren't and then go take a vacation. Go somewhere other than LA for now. Just do something for your own good. Don't worry about us, okay? If something bad happens, I will call you." He soothes me as best as he can. I look over at my phone to see that it isn't even on. I huff, frowning. "What?"
"I sort of threw my phone at the wall and there aren't any notifications showing up right now. I think I broke my phone completely." I frown.
"Alright, I'll buy you a new phone and send it to you so then you don't have to potentially leave the house to have to deal with the paps." He sighs. "Just don't leave until you get it, okay?" I nod and we leave since it's late there and he has to work in the morning. After the band, he had gone to college and became a psychologist. He's become very useful with things, but it's still hard trying to deal with this all on my own.

I take a step back, looking at the wall, satisfied how the crack covered up with just a little paint from what was left when I painted a month ago. My doorbell rings and I go downstairs to see who it was. I look out the little windows on the door to see that it was just the mail man with the package from my dad. I look around outside to make sure there was nobody and then I opened the door, quickly getting my mail and then shutting the door and locking it. It was a pretty big box for just a phone. I take it to the dinning room to open it. When I do open it, I move some of the packing stuff out of the way to see a box that looked like a present and a box that was obviously my phone. I pull out everything, opening the wrapped box. I open the next box to reveal a sweatshirt, which was actually one of my favorite ones that I left in Sydney. I smile. I pull the sweatshirt over my head, opening my phone to see it had everything I had on my old one since I sent them my old one so they could do everything to it since I didn't think I'd be able to get everything back on it. The one difference is that I had none of my social media apps except for Snapchat and Instagram. And I'm sure they made my instagram private so people won't send hate. I text Alex, telling him that I got my phone. He almost immediately calls me.
"So are you going to go to San Francisco?" He asks as soon as I answer.
"Wow, bombard me with questions why don't you?" I laugh.
"Shut up. But seriously, have you decided where to go to get away from everything?" He asks.
"No I haven't yet, Alex." I sigh, remembering why I haven't left yet. "I need time to actually think about it. Dad has been suggesting the same thing."
"Well it's best for you, Madi. You need out of that house and out of LA for a few weeks. Trust me, I'm sure it'll turn out great in the long run." You could tell that he was smiling by the tone in his voice. "Plus you might find a girl." The tone in his voice made it obvious that he was smirking.
"Okay hush. I am straight."
"Sure, Madison. Whatever you say." He laughs. "You know we'll accept you, obviously."
"No dip, Sherlock. But I'm still straight." I sigh, shaking my head. I love how my family is convinced about my sexual orientation.