iliwys,fyasbysuoi // the 1975

-october 20-

"Hey, Jess. How are you?" Luke smiles at me through the camera. I smile back at him.
"I'm good." I nod. Madi is out grocery shopping and I'm home doing laundry. I decided to call Luke to get his opinion on something I had been planning for almost the past month.
"Is Madi okay?" He asks. I nod in reply.
"She's okay, she's out getting groceries for the next week. I called to actually ask you about something." I say sort of nervous.
"Yeah, what is it?" He asks, in for whatever I have to ask him. I take a deep breath in and let it out as I speak.
"Okay, so, even though Madison and I have only been together for almost 3 months, what do you think of me asking to marry her? I feel like it's too early to even ask, we've only known each other for almost 5 months." I sigh, sort of afraid to hear what he has to say. I look at his reaction and his face just lights up. It's the complete opposite reaction I anticipated.
"I think that's a wonderful idea. I know you two haven't been together for long, but I absolutely know that you two are supposed to be together. Before you two moved in together, she told me all about you and her eyes were the brightest color I've seen them since she was younger. You make her so happy, Jess. I will help you if you need me to." He beams with happiness knowing that his daughter will be getting engaged soon.

-november 20-

"Happy birthday, love." I wake up Madi, trying to not scare her because the things she's told me that her dad tells her, it's pretty funny. She told me that her dad said on his 17th birthday, Michael woke him up while he was still sleeping and they were on tour so he hit his head on the ceiling of the bunk. Her family isn't here at the house yet, but her dad texted me telling me they just got to LA and they got an uber. It's him, her brother, Cal, and Ash and his family. They said they're in two separate ubers so they might not be there at the same time. I want it to be a surprise for her because as far as she knows, their flight doesn't come in until Wednesday and it's Sunday. That's what her dad told her. Madi rolls over, groaning. I frown.
"What time is it?" She mumbles.
"It's 11." I cross my arms and then realize a way to get her up or maybe make me stay in bed with her and maybe cuddle with her. I crawl onto her, laying on top of her. "I've got a surprise for you later. We're going to have a great day and then come back to the house and hang out." I smile, kissing her cheek. She sighs.
"I still wish my dad and my brother could have made it today." She huffs.
"I know, but we've got to leave soon because the plans I have are only at a certain time." I kiss her cheek again. "I love you." I say, peppering kisses on her face as I get up.
"I love you too." She smiles, getting up out of bed. I decide to go downstairs to check my phone and make sure her family wasn't almost here yet. Which luckily I have no texts or calls from them which is good. I got their numbers not much longer after I found out I was moving here just in case something happened, good or bad. Not too much longer and Madi is downstairs putting on her shoes.

Now we're out and about, walking through the city. We just had a late lunch and now we're just trying to find something that she wants to do. The late lunch was more like an early dinner since it is 3pm. My goal is to get home at dark because then her family has a surprise party set up for around 7.
"Do you want to go to the pier?" She asks. I smile, nodding.
"I'll do whatever you want to do. It's your birthday." I smile, pulling her towards me as we hold hands to kiss her on the cheek. She beams with a big smile on her face. I'm sort of glad that the house is close to the beach and the pier because we can spend more time there and then walk home afterwards. It's just a matter of time until we get home and the most anticipated part of my day starts to take play. When we make it to the pier we immediately get on the ferris wheel. We got to the top and it stopped for a moment to let someone on. Madi lays her head on my shoulder and I put a hand on her thigh.
"I love you, Jess." She says contently as she lifts her head for a second to kiss my cheek. "This has been the best birthday I've had in a while."
"I love you too. And the day isn't over. There's so much more to come." That you have no clue about. I wanted to continue to say just that but I can't give anything away so I made it as broad as it possibly can be.

"I had so much fun today, Jess. Seriously, thank you for taking me out today." Madi smiles with the lovely smile of hers. I smile back, holding her face to then kiss her nose as we are standing on her front porch.
"It's your birthday and I want to make you happy. Let's go inside." I smile. I push her in front of me gently and then cover her eyes.
"Jess! What are you doing?!" She giggles.
"Close your eyes, silly." I laugh. She searches for the doorknob and then opens the door. I lead her into the house and then kick the door closed. I lead her into the living room in the dark because they suck at turning the lights on on time. The lights come on and I don't say anything to her, hoping she couldn't tell the difference.
"Can I open them yet?" She asks impatiently. I giggle, moving her in a good spot and then I move my hands from her eyes.
"Open." I simply tell her. She opens her eyes to see her whole family in front of her and in our living room.
"Surprise!" They all say in unison. I look over at her and tears were streaming down her cheeks as she rushes to her dad. He hugs her tightly as it turns into a group hug. As she's distracted, I go out to the backyard to see how well Luke had helped me set it up and everything looks perfect.