lost in you // three days grace

-1 month later-

I pull into the driveway of the home I've missed for the past 4 months. The home I want to be my home for the rest of my life. I park the car, turning it off and opening the back. I get out of the car, pulling out my suitcase and Jess's suitcase.
"Baby, do you want me to get your duffel bag out of the back seat?" She asks me, reaching for hers in the back seat.
"Yes please." I smile, passing by her as I'm carrying our suitcases to the house. She stands up straight again, pulling gently on my arm, making me stop. She kisses me quickly, smiling. I smile back and then continue my way to the house. Luckily I had remembered the code and managed to get the garage door opened so I could just go through there instead. I unlock the door pulling our things through the door. I take our things upstairs to now our room. We convinced her parents to let her move in with me in my LA home. They agreed since it was only a 5 hour drive and not 14 hours across the world. When I had gone in her room to help her pack her things, I noticed all of the pictures of the bridge she had. She made sure to print off the last one she took. She said it was the best one she had taken. I told her we could put it up in my room next to the bed where I had everything of mine. I look over at those things smiling at the pictures of my two dads. I sit on the bed, laying down for a second, taking in the smell of Michael again that hadn't faded. It's as if it's embedded into his pillow.
"Madi?! Where are you?" I hear Jess giggle as she shouts through the house. I sit back up, going downstairs.
"I was upstairs in our room." I smile. She's looking at pictures on the mantel of the fire place. She looks over at me with a bright smile.
"You were so cute when you were little. But you do look a lot like Michael." She smiles.
"He was my biological dad." I smile.
"So did you buy this house and your dad let you have all these family photos?" She asks curiously.
"Actually, this is the house I grew up in. It was really hard to come back to clean it up after 15 years. But I'm attached to this house and I don't want to sell it." I grin, pulling her in by her waist. She smiles at me and I kiss her forehead.
"Well we should definitely stay in this house together. If anything goes bad, you get the house, but I have a gut feeling that things will be great." She giggles, starting to sway us back and forth. I laugh a little bit, putting my forehead against hers. Then I hear my phone go off upstairs. I let go of her, running upstairs and almost tripping. I could hear Jess laugh when I almost trip.
"That wasn't funny!!" I whine. I go into our room, grabbing my phone off the bed. I answer the facetime call to see my dad. I smile widely. "Hey." I say breathy as I am out of breath from running up the stairs. I sit on the edge of the bed, almost falling backwards.
"Are you okay?" He laughs.
"Yeah, I just ran up the stairs to get my phone. We're home." I laugh, still trying to catch my breath.
"We?" He asks, confused why I said we.
"Hey, who is it?" Jess walks in, giggling. I grin, reaching out for her. She sits on the bed next to me and I put my arm around her, pulling her towards me.
"Dad, this is Jess." I smile. They've never met at all, not even on facetime. I'm hoping that soon he either comes to visit the house or we go visit them. I hope he comes here even though there's bad memories. He waves smiling at her.
"I was actually hoping that we could come and visit for a week maybe." He grins widely.
"When?" I ask, hoping that it isn't soon because I want some time alone with Jess for a couple of days.
"Maybe the week of your birthday."
"Okay that sounds alright. That's in like two months. I can do that." I smile, looking at Jess. She looks back at me with a smile, kissing the corner of my mouth.
"Are you hungry?" She asks. I nod, smiling.
"We might have to replace the food in the fridge though because it is about 4 months old now." I laugh. She shakes her head with a smile. She gets up off the bed.
"We'll go to the store tomorrow. I'll order pizza for now." She then kisses me sweetly and leaves to go downstairs. When she leaves I can here Alex now on the other end.
"They're so cute." Alex says. I look back at the screen to see smiles on both of their faces.
"I heard that." I laugh, shaking my head.
"You were right, Madi. You trusted your instincts and it's so obvious." He smiles.
"What are you talking about?" I ask, confused. He looks around to make sure Alex already left, I guess, and then he speaks.
"You're in love with her. Jess? You talk about her like she is your whole entire world and you just beam with happiness when you see her. It reminds me of how I felt with Michael." He smiles, happy for me. It's like he knew Jess was that person just by the way I would describe her sometimes.
"Yeah." I smile widely. Jess walks in with her phone up to her ear.
"What kind of pizza do you want?" She asks.
"Whatever you want, sweetheart." I smile.
"Is pepperoni fine?" She huffs. I nod with a smile and she leaves again where it's quiet.
"I guess I'm going to go so you two can go eat dinner."
"Alright. Bye, I'll see you soon." I grin, hanging up. I get up, going downstairs to the kitchen to find her facing the island counter. I quietly walk up behind her, wrapping my arms around her. I kiss the back of her neck, her high messy bun touching my forehead. I smile against her skin as she puts her free hand over one of mine that's wrapped around her middle.
"Alright, thank you so much." She says to the pizza place and then hangs up. "Hi, love." She giggles, turning to face me. One of my hands is on the small of her back and the other is around her. Her face is really close to mine, our foreheads almost touching.
"Hello." I smile.
"You know, I heard what your dad said." She practically beams as her eyes grow brighter at the mention of it. "I love you so much."
"I love you too, Jess." I smile, kissing her soft lips gently.