you've got the love // florence + the machine

I wake up to my alarm and Jess doesn't. I'm surprised she slept through it. At this point, her arms are wrapped around me, her warm breath on the back of my neck as I'm laying in front of her. I smile, not wanting to leave her arms, but I have to since I have to pack. I carefully get out of her arms, changing into what I was wearing last night. I pack the rest of my things, zipping my suit case shut. I then wake up Jess, shaking her gently.
"Hey, I gotta leave soon." I say, moving her hair back from her face. She groans, rubbing her eyes.
"I don't wanna get up though." She sighs, opening her eyes to reveal the blue irises of hers. She frowns. "Do you have to leave, Madi?" She asks. I nod. She gets out of bed, making the bed and then getting dressed. "Here's your flannel." She says, handing me the flannel as she walks out of the bathroom from changing and freshening up. I shake my head, pushing it back towards her.
"Keep it. I want you to keep it." I say, kissing her forehead. She smiles, holding it close to her.
"I'll drive you to the airport if you want me to." She says. I sigh, forgetting that this was a rental and I drove here so I have to make sure that I get my flight back here. "I can keep your car at my house. We'll keep it in the garage until you get back. Promise." She smiles. I nod, smiling back.
"Okay, thank you so much." I grin, walking downstairs carrying the suitcase down the stairs. We leave the house, driving to the airport. On our way there, I hear her phone go off several times. She sighs, putting the phone to her ear.
"Yes, I'm fine. I promise." She sighs. "I stayed the night at Madi's." She pauses. "We're going to the airport so she can go home to Sydney for a couple of days." As I pull into the parking lot, she says goodbye and hangs up. What I'm so scared about is that she said for a couple of days. I'm going to be gone for at least a month, but I don't have the guts to tell her.
"Parents?" I ask.
"Yes." She huffs, crossing her arms. I find a parking spot and then turn off the car.
"Well, don't worry about them right now. They know who you're with and where you are, it's okay." I say, putting my hand over hers after she had uncrossed her arms. She looks at me, smiling.

"I don't want you to leave, Madi." Jess hugs me tightly as they call for my flight. I hug her back just as tight.
"I know. I don't want to leave you either." I mumble, trying to not get worked up because I shouldn't. "I'll be back, though, I promise." I whisper, kissing her neck and then her shoulder. I can feel her shaking as she starts to cry. Hearing her cry makes me lose it. I pull her away from me, wiping her tears with my thumbs. She holds onto my wrists as I hold her face. By now in our friendship, relationship, whatever it is, we are so connected and attached that it's hard for both of us to leave the other. "I have to go, Jess." I say, kissing her forehead, leaving my lips there for a second. I pull back to then kiss her gently. I let go of her, making my way to the gate. She keeps hold of my hand as I walk to the gate. When I get as far as they'll let her go, I turn to face her, giving her one last kiss, not caring if there's any possibility of paps being around. I don't care about them anymore. The only thing I care about right now that is in my presence is Jess. I pull away from her, tears making their rivers down my cheeks. She then waves bye to me as I go through the gate and board the plane. Here goes to the long plane ride without the one I've become so deeply addicted to, to go home to my family.