Chapter 8

POV Destiny

The next morning in school was pretty normal, until lunch.

Kat, Liv, Hunter and I were just sitting in the cantine.Then Tyler came running in, completely out of breath.

" Nugget, moms awake... Jake.. outside!" He panted, I gasped and sprinted outside.

"GO!" I shouted as I jumped on the motorcycle.

The engine roared and before I knew it we were speeding down the road.

After a few minutes we arrived and both ran up tha stairs, too impatient for the elevator. Puffing heavily we stumbled in the rooms, making the two nurses in there turn their head. They smiled and stepped aside, revealing our moms. Bright and awake.

I charged at her and trapped her in my death grip. I cried in her shoulder as she held me close.

"I thought I lost you, you could've died. Don't ever do that to me again. I was so scared, I even lived here since it happened. Did you hear me about my days. Oh my I didn't even ask how you were feeling! How are you, does it hurt, do I need to get a doctor? I'll get-" My little rant got cut off by my dear mother.

"Honey I'm okay, the doctor is on his way. And yes, I heard all about your days, that boy asking for forgiveness and also all of your arguments with, I guess that young man over there." Only now I noticed that everybody was staring at me amused. Probably because of my rant.

I blushed, walked over to Jake and stuck my hand out to his mother. "Hello, I'm Destiny White."

She ignored my hand and hugged me, "Thank you for taking care of my son." she whispered and pulled away, "I'm Vanessa Black."

I nodded and saw that Jacob was already sitting by my mom. Talking and laughing like they've known each other for years. I smiled and sat down next to Mrs. Black.

"Destiny?" She asked me, "Did you really beat Oliver?"

I looked at her confused. "Oliver, blonde, brown eyes? Yes I knocked him out."

She grinned and squealed. "Oh my, oh my, so you're a fighter girl?"

I let out an uncertain yes, afraid that she will judge me. She only looked more excited and began asking all kinds of questions. If I wasn't afraid that I get hurt and if my parents approved.

We talked for two hours, until me and Jacob went to get some food.

While we were eating in the hospital cantine, people kept looking at us with sympathy.

"WOULD YOU STOP STARING AT US?!?!" Jake suddenly blared at the people two tables away. Who were looking all the time, making me uncomfortable.

They nodded and quickly scurried off. I sighed in relief but Jake still looked annoyed.

We finished and hurried back to out moms. They abruptly stopped talking when they saw us and pointed at the feet end of their beds. Jake and I shared a look and gulped before sitting by the feet of our mother.

"We have discussed some things and come to a conclusion." my mom started

"And we want you guys to go live in our own homes again." Jake's mother finished.

'What?!' Jake and I shouted, standing up.

"You both look exhausted and we are fine." Mrs. Black explained.

"But we want you two to live in the Black's house until both families are awake and ready to go home." My mother ends.

Jacob and I both wanted to object but when out mouths opened, both moms put their hand in the air, shutting us up. Both mothers had that look on their faces like Shut-up-and-do-as-I-say.