1 ; PILOT

1 ; PILOT

of course, not all is as it seems in the beginning. i personally believe that I was born backwards, that i came out of my mother the wrong way. some people believe that they were born in a money vault, and some feel as if they would have never been born, believing that they were the burdens that caused their parents to live on the streets. life is not something that is valuable to me, nonetheless the people that raised me. hell, the people that raised me are dead, and that didn't happen after my birth.

the place where i come from has scorching hot walls and a burnt-flesh scent, one that i personally like to call the "actual yankee candle." nothing about this place is pleasant, ravishing, wonderful,- it's just personal. i can never count on my fingers the amount of times that i've walked by a cage and the inmate is screaming, pleading, for the pain to stop.

but do i help?

no, i have to do my job.

the place where i come from is not a fantasy place, it's not a place for comfort, and it sure as hell would never be paradise. the place where i come from is none other than the raging pits of hell itself.

no, i'm not a demon, but i'm close to being one. my mother was a powerful sorceress, and my father once told me of all her magic tricks that she had pulled even before they had met. my father reminds me daily of how much i remind him of her, and it disgusts him.

my father is not one for a love life, being the devil himself. he was not striving for a family, and he did not want me, but having been the daughter of a powerful sorcerer, and the lucifer? i have a shit load more of destruction in my pinky finger than my father does in his whole hand, and you think that he would let me off the chain that easily? my father may have gotten himself thrown from the clouds but he's not stupid.

makura, the woman that i grew up calling my mother, decided that she didn't want me going through this any longer. she had promised me when i was a young child that she would get me out of here, and after all the long, endless years, she finally came up with a solution.

"come, my dear," she ushered me towards her, waving a long finger-nailed hand beckoningly. i followed her willingly, the blood in my veins longing for her relieving words. "i have come to a solution, my darling. finally." she said happily, but all the while quietly. hell has ears and eyes on every corner. literally.

my eyes glinted with happiness as she took my hands in hers, squeezing them as i looked at her charming features. makura was born a witch, and died a proud one at the stake. she was known to be helpful among her sisters and other known witches, but the townspeople of her time thought the exact opposite. makura thought there was always good and bad in someone, but one has to overpower the other. her killers were overthrown by their own hatred.