6 ; SURPRISE

6 ; SURPRISE

"What a lovely surprise,
to finally discover,

how unlonely,
being alone can be."

there was no coming back from a fight with an angel, and being around him did seem to drain her energy even more. she cursed silently to herself as she walked against the brisk breeze, her fingers reaching up around her forearms for warmth against the slight cold. now that god knew she was out on the prowl, he wasn't going to stop sending his annoying ass little boy band of angels after her until she was dead.

she raised her hands to the sky, balling her hands into fists and holding out both of her middle fingers, shaking them at the sky. people looked at her with raised eyebrows and widened eyes as they passed her, but she ignored them as her fit ended and she crossed her arms over her chest for warmth once more.

she was so screwed.

she had finally made her way back to her homey apartment that she had paid for with the credit card that she stole about a month earlier. she sighed heavily as she shook her coat off her shoulders, revealing them bare to contrast with the red, shining sequins of her party dress that she sported cockily just hours earlier.

she quickly stripped down and threw the dress into the closet mercilessly, turning to pull her hair up into a messy bun before lying down on her bed in nothing but a large gray t-shirt and a pair of underwear that, ironically, said, "bite me." her eyes slowly began to flutter shut, but before they got the chance to, a knock erupted from her door and she groaned.

"fuck off!" she yelled from her pillow, the knock then subsiding as she smiled to herself, finally enveloping sleep in like a lost puppy.

***

"i want every eyeball in my fucking sight right now to be searching for my daughter, do you understand me?" lucifer seethed, the demons standing below him slightly quivering as they nodded their head towards their powerful leader. lucifer shooed them off as he pinched his nose in frustration.

since lilliana had left his side, his power over all of his demons had subsided, them knowing that now since lucifer didn't have his precious weapon anymore he was practically defenseless against them, other than him throwing them into the pit repeatedly.

the demons did as they were told, resulting in the knock on the door of lilliana's expensive apartment. hearing the girl's, "fuck off!" granted the demon, who's name was esther, the knowledge that it was, in fact, lilliana.

the demon smiled to himself as he put his hands in his pockets and walked out the door of the building, his feet taking him to the side of the building where there were stairs leading up to the balconies. he jumped up onto one of them and began his climb.

when he reached the floor lilliana's room was located on, he stopped and kneeled to look inside the window. the brunette was sprawled across her bed in nothing but a pair of underwear and a gray t-shirt that was too big to be her own. esther smiled to himself as he looked down at the window seal, reaching for it and trying to pry it open as smoothly as possible.

it was very quiet but lilliana was not stupid, nor was she sleeping. her head was tossed away from him as he unlatched the window, her eyes open wide and full of fire as he stepped foot inside of her apartment.

"what you in for?" she asked sarcastically, causing esther to stop dead in his tracks. he did not reply, so lilliana casually sat up and leaned back, not even bothering to cover herself, but esther's eyes never left her own, considering she was in control of him now.

"how about you climb to the top of this building and jump off, and then go back to my lovely father and tell him he'll never fucking find me, okay?" she said, and made esther shake his head yes. he soon walked back out of the window, and minutes later she heard his cries for help fall through the sky.

she laughed triumphantly as she laid her head back down on her pillow, now finding the energy to cover herself with her duvet, and that time, she finally closed her eyes and slept.

***

as lilliana slept, a beautiful creature crept among the shadows, however he did not blend in with the dark. his light radiated as he approached the disoriented body of esther, who he knew was not good. he knelt down and looked at him, and he knew he was back in his place.

xavier looked up at the tall, sleeping building. he felt the dark power that the building harvested so prominently that it gave him an unknown nosebleed. his hand reached up to dab the blood from his cupid's bow, not even paying any mind that his white hoodie was being ruined from the dripping crimson.

"she's up there," he spoke inside his head, only getting the sound of white static in his ears and the flickering of the street lights in a 4 mile radius, however, he understood it. he nodded, walking in the opposite direction that he had come, trusting that he will fulfill his righteous duty.