7 ; HELPING HAND

7 ; HELPING HAND

lilliana seemed to release a feral growl when she awoke, her back stretching along with her arms. her eyes shifted to the dim, golden light that crept through her window, signaling that the sun was present and burning upon the human flesh of the earth. she let out a short chuckle as she reminisced the happenings of last night.

of course, since she was in such a fragile state, things were bound to get worse, she could sense it in her bones. her father, big ol' daddy lucifer, had stamped a big fat "grab me and pull me back to hell" signal on her forehead it seemed, because as the days went on, the demons just didn't stop coming, and neither did the deafening smell of an angel nearby cease.

as far as the brunette knew, she was screwed. like, using a hammer to beat a screw into a wall instead of a screwdriver, screwed. she was way too deep in over her head. she knew god had it out for her the second she laid her pretty brunette curls down on that bench in the middle of new york, and he wasn't going to stop pelting her with his almighty wrath until she crumbled from existence.

her knuckles gripped the metal bar of the balcony she stood upon, her blue eyes cascading among the people below her with a dull hum erupting from her stomach. she was weak. terribly weak, and hungry. so hungry.

she would never be able to fully restore herself unless she harvested on a puny human, or humans (the plural form sounded much better to her), and drank at their metallic, almost sickeningly sweet, blood, which would pool from their bodies like a waterfall.

her stomach growled at the thought, and she groaned. how was she supposed to catch a human? set a box up with a plate of waffles and puppies in it with a stick under it, waiting for them to walk under it before ridding the box of the stick, then the box falling over them, trapping them under her daring gaze? it wasn't as easy as it sounded.

down in hell, she wasn't allowed to the overworld. she harvested the blood from those who were mere seconds away from their second death, and even that wasn't enough. she wanted a human. she wanted to taste the vibrant and lively blood tremble under her touch.

she swallowed dryly, her vision wavering for only a short minute, making her hands lose their deathly grip on the metal balcony she stood on. she stumbled backwards slightly before catching her balance, swiftly walking towards the refrigerator and opening it with a beastly glare.

water, she needed water.

slowly, lilliana reached for a cup with trembling hands, her vision growing blurry at her protest. she slowly stuck the cup under the faucet, the water then slowly trickling into the cup and hitting its bottom surface. the sound was so loud and shroud that it nearly made her shriek and drop the cup in a flash. she refrained herself from doing so.

after trembling hands brought the liquid to her lips, she savored it with bliss, her thirst somewhat subsiding as she finished multiple cups of the water within seconds.

with a sigh, she whipped out her cell phone, which she had grown mildly addicted to lately, and swiftly allowed her thumb to scroll through her contact list. once she was stopped in the 'd' section, her finger grazed over an old friend's name, and she smiled. she felt as if she hadn't seen him in ages.

with the press of her finger, the phone began to ring and she placed it against her ear, biting her lip subconsciously as she leaned against the countertop for support.