acquiring, frantic zig-zags

You carefully stepped into the seemingly pitch black room, being sure you weren't walking into anything.
All the sudden, the lights flicker on, and you come face to face with Shining Saotome.
Startled, you jump back some, only to hit the corner of a wall.

'S-shit.. That's going to hurt in the morning..'

Shining continues to analyze you, before sitting back down and motioning for you to sit in the chair across from him.
You do exactly that, after adjusting yourself to be comfortable, you look up to find him staring right in your eyes, the light was in the perfect position for you to be able to see through his glasses.

"...Tell me Miss (L/N).... You seem to have passed mister Kotobuki's interview with easeeeee. Yes?"

"I'm not sure I can answer that..Reiji didn't completely explain to me what all of this meant. The puzzle has only a few pieces together."

"Is that sooo? Well then.. I should start from the beginning it seems...
I asked mister Kotobuki to go undercover, to be said interviewer, only the best of the best can pass it! And you miss (L/N), have passsssed.
And if you had failed that test, mister Kotobuki would have had to apologise for that wasted time, and you wouldn't have gotten even a retail job, that was only a cover up.
And the job you've acquired in replace of that, is an assistants job. Helping clean the instruments, check in on students, etccccc."

'He seems to have thought this all out.. It doesn't seem so hard, and well paying..!'

"Nowww, any questions, miss (L/N)?"
Shining asks dramatically, folding his hands underneath his chin.

"..Only one, how did I pass the interview...? Was it really that tough?"

"Well you seeee, you had a very small range of flexibility, if you had answered even two things out of order, you wouldn't have passed, anddd since you have, that means that you have the heart needed for this job!!
Intuitive, creative, and most importantlyyyyy- passionate!"

"...I see. It did feel like there were a lot of questions for an in-person interview.."

"Now! Miss (L/N), find you way to room 4-C, and there you'll find one of our music instructors, they will have your contract papers ready there.
If you truly accept our job offering, and believe you can handle it.. Sign off on said contract.
Be warned though, read it thoroughly, it may be a school, but we have our rules..." he finished, and continued to laugh.

'This must be a pretty serious job to have a contract. I wonder why...'
You nodded and headed outside of the room, to see Reiji waiting for you.

"Ah, (F/N)-chan, is the 'Shining inspection' over?
Ne, how'd it go?~" Reiji begs, grabbing your hand.

"Well, I go to room....4-C for the contract."
You replied, and Reiji gets all happy and spins you around.

"Wah! That's great (F/N)-chan! Let's go get it then..!"

~*~

After getting the contract papers from one of the instructors, you headed back to the room where you met Quartet Night.

"Ah, right, (F/N)-chan, from that application you filled out, it seems you don't live too far from here.. But if you feel like that would be a hassle, we can always go request for you to have a dorm here~ It's always an option..!"
Reiji cheers as we entered the room.

"Mm.. I don't think it would be a problem, it's only a few blocks, thank you for escorting me though! I really appreciate it Reiji!"

"No problem (F/N)-chan~" Reiji looked around the room to see that the other members of Quartet Night weren't there, and panicked a bit.

"Ehh?! I was going to have someone take you home...!
It's getting late and I have a recording soon....!!
C'mon (F/N)-chan! We have to find someone!"
He squeaks out as he turned on a dime and quickly pulled you out of the room, dashing down the halls frantically.

[A/N]

Whoo! This should make up for being gone the next few days...
Let me know how my writing is, I feel like it's odd to read, but I can't tell...
Critiques are appreciated uwu
-Sashie