Awkward walk, emergency..?

After running around the school halls for about five minutes, you both came upon Ranmaru.

"Ran-Ran!" Reiji called out to him, stopping beside him in the area. Ranmaru responded with a groan.
"Ran-Ran! Could you take (F/N)-chan home pleaseeeeee..?"

"...Why would I do that."

"Ran-Rannnn~ pretty pleaseeee?~
I have to get to my recording, but I don't want anything happening to our newest recruit! I'll return the favor! Promise!!"

"...Fine. It'd better be good though. C'mon 'newest recruit'"
Ranmaru gave in, knowing that when Reiji says he'll make it up, he meant with a serious bento.

"Ran-Ran~ Thank you...! See you tomorrow at practice!" Reiji called back, as he ran toward the exit of the building.
Earning a 'Tch' from Ranmaru.

Sighing, Ranmaru starts walking toward where the brunet ran off toward.
"So, 'newest recruit', where's your place?"
Ranmaru asks, not looking back. You follow him as he turns a corner.

"(Address), it's only a couple blocks away. Um...."
You were going to try and carry on a conversation, but he seems a bit intimidating to you.

"Yeah, I know where that apartment building is."
'It's right across the street from where I live..Of course I'd know where it's at.' Ranmaru thought, ignoring (F/N)'s 'um'.

~*~

After walking in silence until a few yards from the building where (F/N)'s apartment is located, Ranmaru had a thought-
"Hey, why did you accept this job anyway, even when that idiot didn't explain what it was?"

"..Well.... It's well paying... And it can be that tough.. So it seemed like a good opportunity."

"What if it were something bad though, like having to be a s-"

"Aahhhh!" You just about shouted, waving your arms about. Knowing what he was about to say, cut him off before he finished his question.
Ranmaru just looked at you like you were insane.

"I did think about that, this isn't really a sketchy part of town though..
So I assumed it was fine, I would have stopped following and turned back to where ever if something suspicious happened though."
You finally replied, as you approached the building.

"It's too late by then y'know. Anyway... We're here, and I'm out." He says immediately turning around.
'I can't let her know that I live across the street, I'll just head back this way until she's inside her place, then I'm free to go back to my place.'

"Uh, Ranmaru..?" (F/N) calls, wanting to thank the silver haired guy.
Ranmaru abruptly stopped, not bothering to turn around.

"Thanks for the trouble......See ya later." She then climbed up the stairs, and up to her apartment room.

...'Whatever. She's so naive...Just figuring, hoping that things would turn out fine. Bull.' He thought, continuing on his route across the street.

~*~

"Rhythme...!?" (F/N) called out for her feline, not being able to find him.
"Ughhh, damn cat.... You're ruining my recliner.." she fusses, referring to the torn fabric.

'He has a scratch post...'

Turning over her foot stool, she finally finds Rhythme.
"You...! You made a hole in the bottom of my foot stool..?!" Frustrated, (F/N) heads off to get ready for bed, after feeding her feline, but not before receiving a call.

'...? Mr. Torimu...' answering the phone, she heard the frantic voice of her manager at the cafè.

"(L/N)! Can you be here in a couple days?!
We had a last minute scheduling for the owner of whole franchise!
You're the best waitress I could think of to help serve her, (random name) and (random name) both quit earlier, they wouldn't say why though.
It's going to be busy too....
Sorry to ask of this, I know it's supposed to be your day off..!" Torimu spouted out in as few breathes possible.

"Ah..! Yes probably! I can try my best to get that day off at my other job, but I'm not sure about my training.."

"You got it?! Congratulations (L/N)! Good luck with that~ Oh, sorry for keeping you up, call me tomorrow for the details?"

"Of course, I'll keep in touch." Hanging up, (F/N) was finally able to get ready to sleep, grabbing a quick dinner while she was at it.

'I'd better get prepared..! This week seems like it'll be busy....'

[A/N]

I edited the last few chapters, I feel like it'll make more sense with the whole "first name, last name" thing, since the characters are Japanese... Felt like I should just make it a bit simpler, release the confusion.
-Sashie