The Princely Corner, Scaredy Cat

"..Ran-Ran?"

You heard the eldest member of Quartet Night ask from further down the hall.

"I'd better get something for this Reiji." Ranmaru says, turning his face away from the brunet.

Reiji's pulled a poker face for a moment,
'...Maybe he got the wrong idea the other day..'
The clownish member thought.

"Eehhh..?! But Ran-Ran~ I bought you dinner just last night..!"
Reiji whined.

"Shut up.." Ranmaru whispered, rounding the corner.

Reiji quickly pulled a cheesy grin. "Thanks Ran-Ran~!"

'Whatever..Idiot.' Ranmaru thought, deceiving himself.

Around the corner, a certain green eyed prince watched, as one of his senpai's acted odd.
'Ranmaru Kurosaki-senpai.. He..His face is flushed.'
The prince noticed, then turning to look at the (H/C) haired girl that was following closely behind him.

'I wonder, maybe it's because of her? I thought that Ranmaru-senpai said that he didn't like girls.. That his bass was his girlfriend..'

Feeling a tap on his shoulder, he turned around,
"Whatcha doing Cecilmaru?"

"Reiji-senpai, I was just thinking." Cecil replied, looking back toward the exit that Ranmaru and (F/N) had walked through.

'He seems worried, my little kouhai.'

"About what Cecilmaru?~ Oh!
I found some ice cream in the freezer!
Let's go eat it before Myu-chan finds out!"
Reiji coos, tugging his youngest kouhai toward the kitchen.

"It's just that Ranmaru-senpai was acting weird.
I was thinking about why that could have been."

"Acting weird? How so?"
Reiji asks halfheartedly.
'It would be odd, but I think I know why~'

"He seemed... Venerable maybe?
I've never seen Ranmaru-senpai make a face like that before."
Cecil says, seemingly questioning his own words.
"I have a question senpai, who was the female he was walking with? She ha-"

"Ah! That was (F/N)-chan! I saw them in the hall a minute ago."
Reiji cut Cecil off, not giving the prince time to finish his question.

"(F/N)?"

"Yep! She's a new assistant here, she's the one that cleaned up the kitchen earlier."

"Hm.. Is she working full-time or part-time?"
Cecil asks, deciding to learn a bit about her.

"Currently part-time, she has another job as well, so it would be tough having to work full time here."
Reiji replies, taking a spoonful of the ice cream.

"I see."
Was the last thing said as the two indulged in the ice cream.

~*~

(F/N) saw a mouse run along the side of the road, it surprised her and she ended up jumping away from it, and bumped into Ranmaru. Earning a snicker from him.

"S-sorry.." you apologised, embarrassed that you were frightened by the tiny creature.

"Scared of mice?"
He asks, carrying a sly grin, having found one of your weaknesses.

You chuckled nervously, not wanting to deny it, but scared to admit it.
As slowing down, not wanting him to see your embarrassed face, you looked down.
Not noticing that said silver haired man, had sped up and hid behind a wall.

A minute after walking, (F/N) had looked up, and realised that Ranmaru wasn't there any longer.
Panicking, she ran ahead a bit, looking for him, only to have him sneak up behind her, and put his hand on her head.
Startling her again.

(F/N) stomped off annoyed, toward her apartment building, seeing as it was up ahead.
Hearing Ranmaru chuckle she turned and looked back at him,
"What..?"

"Nothing at all."
He replied, stepping ahead of her.
'you're just such a scaredy cat.'

Looking up, you realised that you had left your windows open.

"Rhythmeeeeee.." you sighed, seeing that your cat knocked down a few of your plants down, they had been previously sitting on the sill that he was laying on.

"Rhythme?" He repeated, looking up to where you were.
'A cat.'

"Yeah...He knocked my plants down.."

"You do realise that you left your window open, right?"
He says, stating the obvious.

"Well I do now, thanks for letting me know."
You replied sarcastically.

"No need to be that way."

[A/N]

This chapter took so long to write xD I feel like it's super awkward though. (The way I wrote it)
But yeah, added Cecil in now. Since him and Ran-Ran are on good/decent terms.

So...It might be obvious, but the protagonist of this series is based on me.. Yeah, mice really freak me out. Óvò"

-Sashie