five

Relationships

Yes, I believe that every relationship has its ups and downs. It's normal. However, it's been almost a week since Eunhye and Jungkook's misunderstanding happened and both of them are still not communicating with one another. I thought their "cool-off" would last for three days at maximum but apparently, I was incorrect. Eunhye came to school, though, unlike the other day when she was absent.

She looks different. The dark bags underneath her eyes were visible and she looks wasted. Based from what I've heard from Eunhye's mother, she's been locking herself inside her room for quite a while now.

I found out that she's grounded, too. It's a punishment for driving and drinking alcohol, I guess. Up until now I'm still hesitant; I want to comfort her but I don't have the slightest clue how. What kind of words will I tell her? I'm not in her shoes and I don't have the slightest idea what kind of emotional pain is stuck in her chest right now. Their arguement might sound so immature but I'm certain they exchanged harsh words. I'm afraid I'll only add fuel to the fire they made if I open my mouth. As long as I can shut up, then I will.

Soobin also found out about this and she didn't say anything. It's not as though she doesn't care about our cousin. Perhaps she had seen this coming. I know for a fact that even if Soobin hasn't entered a serious relationship yet, it's obvious that she's well-educated about this so-called love. Eunhye is just so... whipped. Soobin wants her to settle down and take things slow. Maybe one of the reasons why Eunhye is hurting so much right now is the fact that she assumed that Jungkook will never, ever hurt her. But look what's happening now, her source of happiness became her source of grief. It's inevitable, though, and that's what Soobin wanted to tell Eunhye. The latter wouldn't listen before. She believed that if someone loves you, he or she can never harm your feelings.

Eunhye lived in a fantasy where everything was perfect. This heartbreak caused her to open her eyes to reality. Although, even after realizing that fairy tales aren't real, I'm sure she still thinks of Jungkook as her prince. Eunhye loves him a lot. Too much, actually.

"Hyori, Eunhye, I'll take you home," Jisoo offered us as we met up in the school parking lot with his sister.

I smiled, shaking my head, "Thanks but I called my driver, he's picking me up today..." I say. "But maybe Eunhye would like to accept your offer."

"You coming?" Soobin asked the silent female beside me, who only shook her head.

"I'll just come along with Hyo..." Eunhye replied.

Soobin frowned. "You need to fix yourself, Eunhye. You don't look good."

Eunhye didn't reply. I glanced at Jisoo who had a brow raised in confusion. He probably thinks they had a small fight or something.

"Alright then," he nodded. "Wait for your driver and stay safe."

"Thank you."

I watched as Jisoo and Soobin walk away from us towards their car. I pressed my lips together and hugged myself when the cold wind began to blow to our direction; it's getting quite rainy and cold since it's already September.

"Eunhye, can you teach me the new Math lesson? I don't get it," I tried hard to think of a topic that didn't involve Jungkook or Hyejin. "It's confusing."

When I received no reply, I glanced at her, her head was hung low as she looked at the ground, as if it was the most interesting surface to look at. I frowned slightly when I was left unanswered and ignored.

"Eunhye," I snapped my fingers in front of her face. "You okay?"

My cousin looked at me; dull, brown eyes bore into mine. Her rosy cheeks remained and glowed despite her tan skin. I was wrong—she was beautiful, still. That even if she cried for the past days, she's still prettier than I will ever appear. My insecurities are eating me up once again and it's not healthy.