two

Third Wheel

After the party, I was back to basic. Classes had resumed approximately a month ago before Eunhye's birthday, and I was still struggling with waking up; honestly it's so difficult to open your eyes at six in the morning. I try my best, still, because I hate being tardy.

In the usual maroon checkered skirt, white button up blouse, school blazer, red neck tie and black long socks, I went to Seoul High and received smiles and waves from my school mates. I'm not as popular as Eunhye or Soobin; I don't have any talents at all and I'm not really the prettiest, so I can't see any reason for me to become famous. Still, it's probably because of our family name. The Parks are quite known in Seoul after all.

I met up with Eunhye and Soobin in the classroom. People were approaching them as usual and being the friendly person she is, Eunhye started exchanging words with them. Soobin, on the other hand, had her usual resting bitch face and didn't even utter a word.

I would say these two differ the most from each other among my cousins. Both are equally beautiful; having perfect hair, perfect eyes, perfect smile, perfect lips and perfect teeth. However, Eunhye was born with glowing tan skin while Soobin is fair. The latter also wears glasses, but her beauty is still too noticeable.

Both of them are known to be Seoul High's beauties, but Eunhye is the sweet one. She's out-going, talented and friendly; she doesn't take things too seriously which is why she's fun to be with. When it's a joke, it remains a joke to her. She doesn't get offended easily nor is she too sensitive.

Park Soobin, however, is the opposite. She's quite strict with rules and the atmosphere surrounding her is a bit tensed and serious. Many are tricked by her angelic face, assuming that she's as sweet as Eunhye. Too bad, they're wrong. But frankly speaking, I wouldn't say she's the worst. She's actually nice too; just to a few people since she's selective when it comes to her friends. Soobin is also a genuis, she can literally solve ten mathematical questions in a few minutes, unlike me who dies with just one item.

I brushed the thoughts away and walked to my seat silently, until some of my classmates began to wave their hands at me. I bowed my head a bit in acknowledgement.

"Hyori!" I whipped my head to look at Eunhye, who was wearing a cheerful grin. "Morning!"

"Good morning." I smile back and turned to Soobin and greeted her as well. She only gave me a nod.

The school bell suddenly rang; its sound echoing throughout the crowded hallways and even inside the rooms. I hurriedly sat on my spot, just behind Soobin. Minutes later, the ringing noise had ceased and our Biology teacher came in with test papers against her chest.

Hell, I forgot about the quiz.

"I really need to set my priorities," I mumble to myself in a low voice, but it seems like I wasn't the only one able to hear it.

"You have to, we're in our last year of high school." Came Soobin's words in a cold tone. I could only bit my bottom lip and hung my head low; it's as if I'm a child getting scolded for not eating her vegetables. And I don't see how Soobin can look more intimidating, Eunhye and I are older than her by a year.

We got dismissed a few minutes ago, exactly at four. I grasp the strap of my bag and adjusted it a bit, struggling with its weight. I'm on my way to the school gates to meet up with my driver and beside me stood both of my tall and proud cousins. Eunhye was on her phone, again, just like the other week. I'm guessing she's texting Jungkook; she's been like this ever since the two of them became official. He started courting her last year and she accepted him as her boyfriend on the last week of our second year, just before summer break.