Rain

Dark clouds, cold air, gloomy day ha? I was walking in the park, having a break. Well, everybody loves one.

It was quiet, it's like a can hear my own heart beat because of this silence. Ah, so peaceful. I'm not used to be in such a silent place, besides, I'm part of the survey corps, all we do is fight, fights never get silent, they're always loud.

Just as I sat on a bench, I saw someone standing by the fountain.

"Uhm. Excuse me?" He was wearing a hood. It seems that his thinking deep.

Rain drops were starting to fall. Luckily, I brought my umbrella. I opened my bag and searched for it. "EHHH? It's not here! Ugh." I got no luck for today. I stood up, zipped my bag and run, I must go home now.

The rain was getting stronger. I was about to leave the park, but wait, the suspicious guy's still standing in the middle of the rain. I went near him.

"Excuse me sir, the rain's getting sronger, you're so wet. Yet, you're still standing here. Can I help you?" Oh. It seems that he's not listening to me. The rain became stronger. "I got to go, sorry sir."

I left the park and searched for a cover. I was just walking, then I turned back. I saw the suspicious man following me, I'm not sure if he's following me, but it looks like. I started to ran, I turned left and saw my house.

I hurriedly grabbed my key in my pocket, oh no, the man's coming closer. Finally, I opened the door. I was about to get in but he suddenly pulled my hand. I looked at him to chech who it is..

"C-captain Levi!"

--

"Why were you alone in the park?" I asked while serving him a hot tea. He was seating near the fireplace. After I served him tea, I joined him near the fireplace.

"Captain, why were you alone in the park?" I asked again. He seems to be thingking something really deep.

"Nothing." He answered and then drinked the tea.

"Nothing, eh?"

"So Petra, why were you there?"

"I just wanted to visit the park."

"Oh, I see. Do you think it's just a coincidence?" A coincidence? What does he mean?

"What I mean is, was it just a coincidence or were you following?" Haa? Me? Following him? No way.

"Well, Captain, I wasn't following you. In fact, you were the one following me to my house and here you are seating on my couch." I answered.

"I am no stalker, Petra. Admit it, you were following me."

"And, why would I follow you?" Ugh. This guy, I have never thought that my Captain has an annoying part inside him.

"I don't know. Well, maybe you like me."

"Eh? I don't have a crush on you! And why would I like you?!" I started to shout like an idiot. Deny. Deny. Deny.

"Petra, don't take things so seriously. I was just kidding." Kidding? But, he seems serious.

"You say your kidding, but your face, you're so serious!"

"I can't blame you. Well, I'm not really good in humor. I'm not even a fun guy."

He stood up and said "I got to go. Uhm, I had a nice conversation with you, Petra."

"Wait! Why were you alone in the park?"

"Ahh. I was in the park because I was supposed to meet someone there. I was alone because that someone did not show up.

"Who's that someone?" I asked out of curiosity.

"Eldo."

"E-eldo? Why him?"

"It's something that doesn't concern you."

"Oh. Okay. Is it about--?"

"It's something that doesn't concern you. Oh well, it's about.. ahh.. you know, duty. I was going to give him some task."

"I must leave now. Bye."

"I have something to ask you.."

"You've asked a lot of questions already."

"If you don't mind, I have a questi--"

"Go on."

"Why did you follow me to my house?"

"I just wanted to make sure you go home safe."

He wanted to make sure if I'm safe. I started to smile and my cheeks turned pink.

"Don't have it the wrong way! Y-you know, you're in my squad, of course I care for you, for all of you." He added.

His cheeks were red.

"I-i got to go now."

"....."

He left...