Letter

Waking up early, like usual, I went down stairs to eat breakfast. It was noisy like before. Captain Levi finished his meal early and went up stairs. Whew. Finally he's gone. After confessing, I just feel uneasy whenever his around.

After eating, I went in my room. In my surprise, Captain Levi was standing inside while staring on my desk. I went near him to see what he was staring at.

"What are you looking at?" Just when I realized that my letter to my dad was on my desk. I hurriedly grabbed it and folded the paper.

"Did you read it?!"

"No. Uhm.. maybe, yes." He answered back at me with his face quite red. I felt so embarrased.

"Why are you even in my room?"

"The door was open. So, I thought that anyone was free to come in."

"Hahaha. Non sense." I asked him to go out.

He was heading out and suddenly stopped by the door.

"You're going to devote yourself to me? In what way? In work or you know... as something else? Like.. your going to be my wife."

My heart started to pound. I was speechless.

"Never mind." He said and went out of my room.

My heart still continued to pound. I decided to send the letter to my dad so that no one can read it.

"Like you're going to be my wife.." Captain Levi's words keep playing inside my head. I never thought he'd say something like that. I'm so embarrassed.

I sat on my bed and rested my chin on my knees with my palm on my face. I don't know how to face Captain Levi again.

I stood up and as I was about to close the door to my room, a hand just popped from outside. I immediately opened the door widely and so captain Levi. I started to feel uneasy.

"Wh-what do you need?"I asked without looking at his face.

"Please Petra.." He entered my room and closed the door. I moved away from him but he grabbed my hand.

"C-captain Levi?!"

"I'm sorry." His smoothe hands had let go of mine and he stepped back.

"I don't know what I said earlier. Just forget about it." He added while scratching his head and his cheeks quite red.

As he left the room, my heart was starting to calm down. I started to wander why captain Levi's acting strange today. He's not his own usual self today.

~ ~ ~ ~

Few days passed since that letter incident. I was watering the plants outside the headquarters.

I saw my dad talking to Captain Levi by the gate. It surprised me. I went near them and they suddenly stopped talking.

"What are you talking about?"

Daddy: "Uhm. Nothing Darling."

"Oh? You better not lie, daddy."

I saw my father holding the letter I sent him and I felt so embarassed and started to pull my dad out the gate but my pull was useless, he just stood still in front of captain Levi.

"We were talking about--" Captain Levi was about to spit some words but my father butted in.

"Oh! Look you've gotten big, Petra." And he patted my head.

He continued to compliment me. And I think he did that to drop the previous conversation. After a bunch of flattering words, he finally said good bye.

It wad starting to get dark and we were eating dinner. It was weird but, our topic was about love. They asked questions like "Will you stop loving your one and only love?"

Eldo: "No. I will still love her no matter what happens. Even after my death."

Gunther: "No. Because, forever's not enough for me to love her."

Captain Levi was just listening to our foolish answers.

Eren: "I know nothing about these stuffs but, No. True love never dies."

Oluo: "I won't stop loving her. She's my everything."

"Seriously? What is this, a romance time?" I laughed at them. They stared at me and asked me the same question which they answered a while ago.

I was shy because captain Levi was just listening.. but, I answered them.

"No, I won't stop loving him even with my last breathe before my death."

Yes, I will love captain Levi 'till my last day.

~ ~ ~ ~