Chapter Four: Annabeth Chase

Percy and I were running through the woods towards the trio of unknown and unexpected visitors. I tuned into the crunching sounds of my footsteps and followed right behind Percy. As we neared the edge of the woods, Percy came to a halt and clicked his pen into his sword. I drew my knife and looked to where he was staring.

There were three people; the blond haired boy and girl are obviously siblings and possibly even twins and they looked about fifteen. The boy was holding a ragged stone sword that almost seems to glow an eerie red hot color, while the girl had her hands clenched like she was going to throw something out of her hand at Clarisse and the others. 
The third person was a girl that looked about seventeen and is dressed in almost all black and wielding two shorter looking swords. Her eyes were an unnatural green and her gaze swept over everything around her. Her red hair was wild and she looked directly at us. I made the mistake of making eye contact and I felt as if she could see right through me. Percy took the lead to join up with the rest of the people surrounding the trio. I walked up to the red-headed girl and her eyes narrow as she watched my every move.

"Who are you?" I asked.

"I am the Shadow." She replied and I could hear Clarisse snort with contained laughter behind her and the girl turned her head slightly to glare at her.

"You know I'm going to need a better answer than that. If you won't tell me who you are, then who are your friends?"
I questioned her again, hoping for a better reply.

The supposed shadow relaxed slightly before saying anything and was about to give me a better answer, before Clarisse jumped toward her with her spear ready for a headlock.