Chapter Eight: Scathach

I watched Sophie zone out when I looked over my shoulder, she's eavesdropping. We walked for a ways and the thick trees and brush began to thin slowly until it opened up to a cleared area. As I took in this camp of theirs, I noticed all the cabins had their own theme. They all remind me of the gods and goddesses of ancient Greece. The silvery, almost moonlit cabin has to belong to Artemis and I recall that the Greeks worshiped her as the goddess of the Hunt and animals. I did spend some time in Greece during that era. That was where I ended up after finally working my way out of the depths of the Underworld after centuries of fighting my way out.

I realized while we were walking that these kids, who are supposedly half- bloods (hence the name of their camp), have surprisingly stronger auras compared to normal humans. I could tell that none of these people know what an aura is and what it can do, so I thought it would be best they didn't find out just yet. I slowed down so that I was walking next to Sophie and whispered in her ear,

"Don't use your auras. These people have no idea what they are so we need to keep them hidden. Tell your brother."

A confused look crossed Sophie's face for a second before she nodded and slowed her pace to lean towards her brother to pass on the info. He nodded soon after she finished and the two continued to walk side by side.

I lifted my head as we enter the camp. There were kids everywhere and their eyes were all on us. This place was strange, but what was even stranger was the centaur trotting towards us.