Part 1: un

[AN: hi!! I noticed that some readers didn't quite understand the time jump so to clarify: all the parts in italics are flashbacks while the rest are in the present. Ok that's all I hope you guys like the story 💕]

[Lauren Rubio]: hi loser I miss you :(

I press send, toss my phone to the other side of the bed, and bury my head into my pillow. It's been 2 weeks and I miss my girlfriend like crazy.

Three consecutive knocks interrupt me on the brink of sleep.

"If you're not Alessandra, go away," I groan loudly.

"Stop whining. Open up. It's Sam," I hear a muffled voice from the other side of the door.

"Why didn't you bring a fucking key?" I ask.

"Just open the door, hoe."

With all my remaining strength, I stand up and lazily walk to the door. I unlock the door, and before I process anything, the door almost hits me on the face as it bursts open. I'm met by a pair of arms hugging me tightly around my neck. It took only a split second to realize who this figure is, given that she's been my only girl for over 2 years.

Alessandra.

"I missed you so much," she whispers in my neck, and I pull her tighter.

I inhale deeply, kiss the top of her head, and I feel like I'm home again. "I missed you so fucking much. You said you weren't coming back until tomorrow, babe."

She pulls away just enough to look up to face me while still pressing against my body as if I would disappear if I stepped back. "Are you complaining?" she asks with a smug look on her stunning face.

I nudge the tip of her nose with mine. "Don't be a bitch," I say and I kiss her.

"Take your cheesy shit somewhere else. I need a nap," Sam interrupts us, causing Alessandra to laugh, and my day is instantly made.

Ignoring Sam who is walking into the room, Alessandra says "I brought you something," as she slowly pulls away from me.

I pull her back and engulf myself in her arms. "Wait, don't go," with closed eyes, I mumble as I hold her close. "Not yet."

"Someone missed me."

"You were gone for two weeks. Of course I missed you." I kiss the side of her head. "What'd you get?"

She steps back, and brings out a bouquet of flowers from behind the door.

My cheeks warm up, and I take the roses from her. "I love you."

"Don't act so surprised. I always get you flowers."

I nod. "You don't have to, though. But thank you, really."

"I've been bringing you flowers every week for more than two years, Lauren. It's kind of tradition."

"I'm still surprised every time. I always feel like you'll stop eventually."

"Never."

"You're kind of amazing sometimes, you know that?"