|16|

I don't know anything about Bali and their beautiful culture. I found info online and added them here.

✡∞✡∞

Adam and I sat on the beach as we watch the sun disappeared below the horizon.

A lot of the natives and a few tourists were on the beach for the bonfire. I heard that it was going to be awesome. Apparently the performers were going to do one of Bali's most popular traditional dances, the Kecak dance. It's a performance performed mostly by men.

"It's starting." Adam whispers in my ear.

A group of men chorus gathers in a ring around a flame and started chanting. As they chant the singers raise their arms in a sort of seated dance, swaying from side to side, and laying back against each other, all as one, as the mandala comes alive. The choir chatters like monkeys, and croaks like frogs, as the story of Sita's abduction is told.

"This is amazing

"This is amazing." I tell Adam as I watch the performance in awe.

"I know. We're definitely coming back here."

"Definitely."

When the performance was over Adam and I walked up to some of the performers and congratulate them. They didn't really understand us but they knew what "beautiful performance" meant. They bow a little bit and said, 'Terima kasih.' I guess that is how they say thank you in Indonesian.

..........

"Babe, turn around." Adam says behind me as I dip my feet into the water. I turn around to see him holding his camera.

"Are you filming?" I laughed.

"Yeah. I want this trip to be memorable." He chuckles. "Now get out of my way before you break the camera with your face."

I gasped loudly and smack his arm. "Rude!" He just laughs and and starts moving around to film the beach.

"Alright, I'm going to stand on that rock up there," he points at the rock. "And I'm going to take a picture of you down here."

I look at the rock and furrowed my brows. "Are you sure? It seem pretty high to me."

"I'll be fine." He kisses me on the lips and started walking to the rocks. I watch him carefully as he get on it and stands on it. "ALRIGHT! NOW STRIKE A POSE FOR ME BABY!" He screams from where he's standing.

"You're not that far, you don't have to scream."

"I KNOW BUT IT'S KINDA FUN."

I roll my eyes at him and smile. I turn my back on him and put my arms behind my head. "IS THAT OKAY?"