Chapter 1

We were in the locker room music blasting as we got ready for our game against SMU. We are on their field so the victory is even sweeter. Tomorrow though we leave for Illinois where we are playing Illinois and Illinois State. Patrick said he would try to get out to see one of the games with the guys but wasn't sure of his schedule. I told him not to worry about but of course he worries about it. "Alright ladies listen up the starting eleven, up top we've got Kaner and Toews," Aka me and my best friend Sydney. Coach finished the line up and threw the captain's band at me. "You deserve it Kane." "Thank you sir." I put it on and I got to lead the team out onto the field. As soon as I stepped foot on the field I felt invincible. After the national anthem and handshakes we got in a circle on one knee and prayed. "Lord today let this be our day. Let us shine and help bring out everything that we have worked so hard for. Keep us safe, and help us be the absolute best that we can be. Clear our heads, help us focus. Lord we thank you for the opportunity to get to play the game we love. In Jesus name..." "Amen." I prayed and we got into position.

We ended up with a win 2-0, me and Syd with the goals. We went to the center circle as a team and got on one knee and coach prayed for us. "Lord God, we thank you for keeping us safe during the game, we thank you that each and everyone of us has the ability to live out their dream, we thank you that these ladies can go out each and everyday and play the game they love. Lord we thank you for all that you do for us and we just ask that you continue sending us your love and protection. We thank you and love in, In Jesus Name..." "Amen." We all stood up and went to the locker room again. "Kane you have some visitors." Coach said and I went out into the hall and saw Jamie Benn, who is one of my good friends due to connections with my brother. "Jamie!!" We hugged and he picked me up and spun me around. "You killed it out there." "Thank you. What are you doing here?" "When I heard that you were going to be up here, I wasn't going to not come and see you. Who do you think I am?" I laughed. "Anyway, I want you to meet my teammates, this is John Klingberg, Ales Hemsky, Antoine Roussel, Jason Demers, you know Jordie, Tyler Seguin, and I hope you would know Patrick Sharp." "Sharpie!" "Baby Kaner!!" We hugged. "God I missed you." "I missed you too kiddo. You were amazing out there." "Thank you." I felt I shot of pain in my stomach. And then I realized that the hawks had a game today. "You okay?" Tyler asked. "Yeah I'm okay." "Was it one of those weird ghost pains you and Patrick get?" Sharpie asked. "Yeah." "Do they have a game?" "Yeah they are playing Minnesota." "I'm very confused." Jamie said. "Whenever Patrick gets hurt, I feel a pain wherever he does. Whenever I get hurt, Patrick feels the pain where I feel it. It's strange but it's always been like that." "That's kinda cool though." "Yeah I guess you could say that." "Oh we talked to your coach you and Syd are coming out to dinner with us." Syd came out of the locker room and ran over and hugged Jamie. "Hey Syd." "Hey Jamie. Sharpie!!" She hugged him. "Squid!" "I'm gonna go take a shower give me like ten minutes." They all agreed and I went to the locker room and showered and changed. Coach said that they would take our bags back which I thanked him for and then went back to where they were waiting. Tyler had his back to me so I jumped onto his back and he almost fell over. "Hey, you don't smell anymore." He said. "Shut up loser." He chuckled and adjusted so he was giving me a piggy back ride. We decided that I would drive with Tyler, Jason and Jordie. I turned the radio up and turned it to the country station because I love it. I Like the Sound of That by Rascal Flatts came on and it is my jam so I turned it up more and obnoxiously sang along and Tyler joined in leaving the two defensemen laughing in the backseat. Then the song DJ Tonight came on and once again I sang along. We got to the restaurant, which was a small little italian place. Tyler opened my door for me. "Why thank you kind sir." "You're oh so very welcome ma'am." We both laughed and Jason and Jordie mocked us which earned them two slaps in the back of the head by us. "Ouch what was that for?" Jordie whined. "Ouch what was that for?" I mocked him. He rolled his eyes with a laughed and Jamie pulled up and they all got out as well. We all went inside and got a table. Tyler sat across from me and Syd sat next to me, Jamie was next to Tyler. We order three pizzas to share among all of us. I spent most of the dinner talking to Tyler getting to know him. He was actually a really genuine person and fun to talk to. Eventually we had to go back to the hotel so Tyler drove me back Jamie drove Syd. "Bye Maddie." "Bye Tyler. "Hopefully we could do this again?" "I'd like that." He took my phone and put his number in. I put my number in his phone and got out and went in the building and went up to the gym. I jogged lightly on the treadmill until coach came in. "You never stop do ya?" He said with a laugh. "If you want to get somewhere in life then you gotta work for it." "Well how about you take the night off, please." "I was just finishing up anyway." "Alright now when we get to Chicago the day in between games you are spending it with your brother okay?" "Okay, thank you coach." "No problem now get to bed." I nodded and went up to the room I shared with Syd. "So you and Tyler?" She teased when I sat on my bed. "You and Jamie." We both laughed. "Do you like Jamie?" I asked her. "Yeah, yeah I do. Do you like Tyler?" "Yeah." "You do tell," "You could with you guys too. I saw the way you guys look at each other." "You and Tyler as well." My phone buzzed and I saw a text from Tyler. {Hey Maddie, I just wanted to say I had an amazing time this afternoon, thank you. I can't wait to do it again, hopefully I'll see you soon./// Hey Tyler I had an amazing time as well. I am in Illinois for two games and I'll be back in Texas on Thursday so hopefully sometime after that we could get to together. See you soon./// Good night Maddie./// Goodnight Tyler.} "You have that smile on your face. You are so cute." "Oh shut up." "I'm serious, I hope he asks you out, you guys would be so cute together.