Chapter 2

We woke up the next morning to couch pounding on the door telling us to get our asses out of bed or else we are going to miss our flight. I slowly pulled myself out of bed and went to brush my teeth and do my hair. I wasn't really into that whole getting changed thing so I wore my pajamas. "Sydney! Get your ass out of bed!" I yelled and pushed her out and she fell on the floor with a loud thud which made me laugh hysterically. "You think that's funny!" "Yeah that's why I'm laughing." She pulled me down and I hit the floor and she started laughing. "You jerk." "You love me." "No I don't." "Yes you do." "Nope." I got my bag and went down to the lobby where the coaches were waiting. "Morning Maddie." "Morning coach, Syd is on her way." "Alright get on the bus." I nodded and went outside and onto the bus where I sat in my usual seat and pulled out my phone and saw a text from Tyler. {Good morning, I don't know if you're awake or on the plane. I hope you have or had a safe flight, call me when you get the chance, See you soon./// Morning Tyler :) I am on the way to the airport now so I will call you when I land in Chicago, have a good practice.} I put my phone in my pocket and Syd sat in the seat next to me. The coaches got on and we were on our way to the airport.

On the plane I curled up in my seat and once we took off I put my headphones in and Humble and Kind by Tim McGraw filled my ears before I drifted back to sleep. "Maddie wake up!" Syd screamed in my ear waking me up and I hit my head on the window. "Ow! go to hell Syd." "We landed." "Thank you genius." "You're very welcome." I got my carry on and walked off the plane and through the tunnel into the airport. I saw Patrick waiting with Jonathan. I ran over and he spun me around. "I missed you Pat." "I missed you too bug."  I haven't seen Pat in almost 4 maybe 5 months. "God it's been way too long. Oh mom, dad, and the girls are all here too." "Seriously?" "Yeah." "Maddie?" I turned and saw coach. "Yeah?" "Go, you have the day off." "Thank you." "Go." I left with Pat and he had practice so we went to the rink. We went into the locker room and Shawzy tackled me in a hug knocking me to the floor. "Good god." "Missed you Mads." "I didn't miss you." "Lier!" "I missed you too Shawzy, now get off of me." "Sorry." He got up and then pulled me up. "Maddie!!" "Jonny!" "Hey you." "Your sister is at the hotel you know that right." "yes I know I'm going to see her later." "Alright whatever floats your boat dude." Coach Q came in. "Ah Miss. Kane welcome back to Chicago."