Chapter 5

In Dallas we got off the plane and Ty was waiting. He took my bags and we hugged. "C'mon let's go home." "Thanks Ty." "Always." We went to his jeep and he helped me into the car. Music played softly and I drifted to sleep. "Maddie wake up." Ty whispered. I took in surroundings as I yawned and I realized that we were at his house. "Morning sleepy head." "Tyyyyy." "Yesssssss?" "My knee hurts." I pouted. "Do you want Advil?" "Please." "Alright hang on." He left and then came back with two small pills and water. I took the pills and thanked Tyler. "Now get dressed but be comfy your coach wants you to go to the hospital after my practice. "Okay." He left and I put on leggings and stole one of Tyler's Stars hoodies that had the 91 and Seguin stitched on the sleeve. It was like three sizes too big but comfy. "Stealing my stuff?" He teased as I crutched into the room. "Yes." "You look cute." I smiled and we went to his car and drove to the arena. He helped me out and gave me my crutches. "Thank you." "You're welcome." We went inside and went to the locker room. "Maddie! What did you do?!?!" Jamie yelled. "I don't know I haven't gone to the doctor yet." "Your doctor didn't look at it?" "Yeah he said I have to go to the hospital, I just haven't gone yet because I know it's messed up." "You need to go." "Yes I know I'm going to go later." "Alright. You'll tell us the outcome right?" "Yeah, of course." Their coach, Lindy, came in. "Hi, Miss. Kane." "Hello Sir." "How's the knee?" "It hurts, but it is what it is." "Your coach gave us a call and they want our doctors to take a look is that okay?" "Yeah of course." I went with him to their medical room. "Dave this is Maddie." "Ah yes, take a seat and we'll look at your knee." I sat on the bed thing and he rolled the pant leg up and took off the ace wrap. At first all he did was feel around it. He pressed down right below my knee where the bone is and yelped in pain. It started shooting pains through my leg. "Deep breaths." He tried to bend my knee into a 90 degree angle and I screamed in pain and tears started falling as he straightened it again. "Maddie, you need to breath." I tried but my knee was pulsing the pain was too strong. He other doctor came over and they talked something over. "Maddie you have to go the hospital like now. Who brought you here?" "Tyler." "Alright we are going to grab him and have him bring you now." I nodded and wallowed in pain. Tyler came in and picked me up carefully. "C'mon let's get you checked out." he brought me to the car and then drove to the hospital. We immediately were taken to a room and went for an MRI. Once that was done I was laying in the bed with the IV hooked up. "Ty?" "Yes beautiful?" "It hurts." "I know it does but they are gonna fix everything." He gently pushed the hair out of my face. He held my hand and the doctor came back in. "Alright Miss. Kane we went over the images and you have a broken tibia below the knee, but also a torn ACL, MCL and slight meniscus tear. We have to do surgery to fix everything. So for the bone what we want to do is plate it and put screws in since it is slightly displaced. For the ligaments we are just do the typical reconstructive surgery. Meniscus, we don't actually know how bad it is until we are actually in there and can get a look at it. We are going to do surgery in about a half hour since we need to do some prep." "Thank you doctor." Tyler said and the doctor left. "Looks like I'm going to be out awhile." "Don't stress about it though. You have more time with me. But seriously you will be back better and stronger than ever." "Thank you." "For what?" "Everything." "You have nothing to thank me for." "Just accept it." "Alright, you're welcome for something that doesn't matter." "Shut up."
After surgery I woke up and felt like absolute shit. I saw Tyler but also Jamie, Jordie, and Jason. "Hey you." "Hey guys." I said quietly. "How are you feeling?" Ty asked. "It hurts." "Your knee?" "Yeah." "That's just the medicine wearing off. Do you need anything?" "Water, please." "I'll be right back." Jamie went to get a bottle. "What's wrong?" "I don't feel good." "Alright, you'll be okay." Jamie came back in and the nurse was right behind him. Jamie tossed the bottle to Tyler who helped me drink a little bit. The nurse hooked up more pain meds and then checked all the machines and crap before she left. "Ty..." "I'm right here." "Please don't leave." "I'm not going anywhere. I'm right here." "My knee hurts." I said tears filling my eyes. "Hey hey hey, don't cry. You're okay, the pain will go away soon." Slowly the medicine began to work and I started feeling a little bit better. "Did they fix it?" "Yes they fixed it, the doctor said it was actually a lot worse than they thought but they fixed it good as new." "Okay." "Why don't you try and get some sleep?" "Okay don't leave." "I won't leave." I closed my eyes and fell asleep without struggle.