newt - getaway

~~~~

Newt slips into my room quietly after dinner, holding two bottles of moonshine in his hands.  He kicks the door shut with his heel, setting the bottles onto the table next to him as I stand. 

He smiles at me as I walk over to him.  "Hey," he murmurs softly, kissing me before pulling me into a hug.

I grin back, running my fingers through his hair lightly.  "Hey," I respond, pulling back so that I could see his face.  "I didn't see you at dinner.  Everything okay?"

"Yeah," he nods.  "Showing the greenbean around the map room took a surprising amount of time.  Plus, he got into a fistfight with Gally, and then the girl still hasn't woken up...it's been a long day."

"Hmm.  What brings you here?" I smile, kissing him again.  We didn't really get to stay the night with each other, with Alby's night watches, so it was a pleasant surprise.

"Well," he says, walking backwards towards my bed and pulling me with him, "with everything happening with Thomas, the girl, and the Grievers, and us being caught in the middle, I thought that we could use a day off.  A getaway of sorts."  He sits on the edge of the bed, standing me between his legs.

"I love the way your accent makes words sound," I murmur softly, tilting my head to look at him in the dim light.  "Like getaway.  It's hot."  I let my fingers trace over his cheekbones, smiling when he closes his eyes and sighs quietly at my touch.  For a split second, I think of the drinks, but shake the thought out of my head.

"I could say a lot more." He smirks, gliding his tongue over his lips slowly as he opens his eyes. 

"Mm, I'd like to hear that."  I bend down, capturing his lips with mine.  He keeps his hands at my hips, pulling me close to him as his lips find mine again. 

"You will tonight, it seems," he says, and I grin into the next kiss, my hands against the sides of his neck as I trace my thumbs under his jaw.

I feel his hands move lower to my thighs, and he tugs me to him, so that I straddled his waist.  He hums, pulling back to look at me.  "One of my favorite positions is you on my lap," he says with a small smirk.  I feel his lips attach to my neck, pushing a hand into his hair as he traces a path up to my ear.  "But of course, you know about my other favorite positions."  He pauses to leave a mark, and I suck in a breath.

"Your shirt," I say between gasps as his tongue traces over a particularly rough kiss underneath my jaw.  "Off."

He complies quickly, tugging his shirt off and placing his lips against mine again.  My hands rest on his bare chest, one staying in one place to keep myself steady and the other roaming shamelessly.  He leans back, lying down for a moment before he flips us over, maneuvering us so that I was lying just below my pillow and he was next to me, holding himself up on an elbow. 

He pulls back, slowing down and tracing his fingers over my face.  "You're pretty."

I let out a soft laugh.  "Really?"

"Yeah," he nods with a small smile.  "Prettiest I've ever seen."

My heart flutters, and I reach up, brushing my fingers through his mop of blonde hair.  "I love you, Newt."

"I love you too," he murmurs softly, leaning down and pressing his lips against mine in a tender kiss.

Suddenly, three loud knocks interrupt us.  "Ignore it," Newt mumbles, as he leans down, rolling on top of me, and kisses me again.

I pause for moment, pulling away and glancing at the door before leaning up again, capturing his mouth with my own.  The person at the door knocks again, more insistently this time.  He sighs, pulling back.  "Please ignore it?"