Blows of Powerful Emotions Part 1

There was a sense of relief installed in me when I woke up, for a brief second, the bed moulding to my body, became my comfort zone and I snuggled into the blankets. Soft cotton rubbed against the exposed areas on my legs and smelled of potpourri. A satisfied moan reverberated in my throat and I uncurled, stretching out my arms and legs, feeling awake and alive without a stitch of pain in my body.

Flowers met my first dazed views. My vision cleared and I realised with a sharp intake of breath, I wasn't in my bedroom at home. I hadn't been dreaming, after all. For a moment, nothing around me stirred, and neither did I. I stared at the marvellous ceiling, the decor foreign and exotic. The ceiling held a circular sunroof, filled with spouting, evergreen leaves which bended and twisted around the opening to form a canopy, while soft muted blues and purple flowers peaked out from behind bright neon pink flowers, which grew outside the circular sunroof. I raked my mind on decor design, abstract homes, and anything odd I might have seen in magazines, articles, and on television, but none came close to the magnificence of what my eyes transcribed to my brain. With effort, I pulled my gaze away from the ceiling and took in the sights of the room.

The room held a sense of opulence that didn't come with the purchase of expensive furniture or architecture. It was a natural environment, raw, yet restricted. I almost considered being inside the base of a tree. The walls enclosing the room were smooth with discernible tree lines, and no wall decoration but the occasional vine creeping up towards the roof. A window, to the right, allowed some sun to filtered through, a curtain of green leaves growing downwards. Surprisingly, the bed was the most normalized piece in the room. It reminded me much of an abstract piece of art, the black iron of the headrest curved in undirected circles, while the bottom, smoothed into two curved parts, with another array of wide swirls. Besides the bed, one bedside table made of a tree stump displayed a brass bell-like lamp with a stained peach glass. A vanity, with skinny legs, a single square mirror, and carvings of leaves and flowers, with a leaf-like wooden chair, stood across from the bed.     

Despite the explosion of browns, woods, and greenery, the flowers and bed incorporated well into the design breaking some of the prominent colouring

With slow movement, I rubbed at my eyes, tossed the covers aside and climbed out of bed. Dressed in a simple white shirt falling to my knees, I stood up. My mind wandered to who dressed me, but the realisation of having been saved, overrode the negative. I would rather wake in clean clothing then the dirty ones I got taken captive in.

Near the simple arched door, on a -tree-branch clothes rack, a few items of clothing dangled along with a pair of leather shoes, similar to flats, perched underneath it. All the items appeared to be cheerful summer dresses. With a sigh, I flipped through my options and settled on a pink-peach summer dress, with a floral print design, a handkerchief hemline and adjustable spaghetti straps. Ironically, a strapless bra in my size, also hung among the fabric. I breathed in an air of relief. I wouldn't be quite comfortable without one. Did Bladen choose these picks, or did Vivian? Was she even involved in this colossal mess? With another sigh, I dressed and slipped into the flats, also in my size.