on a run (3)

A girl showed up today her name was Michoone (I think that's how you spell her name if not tell me how to). She was dark skinned and had dreads in her dark hair, her weapon was a katana with a red handle and she is pretty good with it.

When I woke up from a short nap I checked my bag to see if it was still their. I rummaged through the bag and found the dog tags in one of the pockets. I put them around my head and pulled my hair back and into a side braid.

Even though the dog tags are Lukes I still wear them to remember him and that I remember that he died a hero and is still a hero to me. (God bless all the soldiers in the army and any people who died in battle you did not die in vain)

I walked down stairs into the kitchen to have some of the crummy cereal but I guess it is food so I guess it's ok.
I see Carl and Michoone sitting at the table eating cereal.

"Hi" I say as I take a seat across from Michoone "morning, I don't think I introduced my self to you I'm Michoone" she reaches her hand across the table for me to shake and witch I did "I'm Keira" I replied with a smile.

We sat in silence until Michoone spoke up "wish we had some soy milk" Michoone said as she poured cereal into her bowl. "Seriously?" Carl said "Yes seriously, have you ever had it?" Michoone asks "My best friend in third grade was (I forget what his friend was) so he would always bring this soy stuff so I tried it" Carl said "and?" Michoone asked "I threw up" I chuckled at his answer " I would rather have powdered milk, I would rather have judiths formul-" Carl stopped in his sentence and Michoone sat their awkwardly.

Carl left and me and Michoone sat in silence so I decided to speak "Who's Judith?" I asked "it was Carl's baby sister their not sure if she's alive or not" she replied "Oh" was all I could say. We heard talking in the other room so we went to go see.

Rick and Morgan were their talking about our next move "we should go on a run today we need supplies" Rick said "me, Keira, Morgan, and Carl can go on a run you need rest you can barley stand up without falling over or stumbling" Michoone said but it was true Rick doesn't look good.

Rick turned to me "You know how to kill a walker?" He asked "Oh no I just survived this long without encountering a walker" I said sarcasticly Rick chuckled "Alright then" Rick said.

Before we left I grabbed my bow and quiver with arrows and my knife and strapped it's holder onto my leg and put it in then I heard a knock at the door. I looked over and saw Carl standing their in the doorway. "Do you by any chance have an extra knife?" He asked and I nodded in response and pulled one out of my bag I looked at it before handing it to Carl.

"Where'd you get this from?" He asked "it was my brothers skinning knife" I responded "skinning?" Carl asked "yeah, we would go hunting and when we'd get a deer we would skin it" I said "you're full of surprises arn't you?" Carl mumbled but I was able to hear it "what you talking about?" I put a hand on my hip "you lived on a farm, you're brother was in the army, you were pregnant when you were 15" I stayed silent for a few minutes and remembered all the awful memories.

"I-I'm sorry I didn't mean to-" Carl studderd "no its fine Carl, it's just I didn't have that great of a childhood, you're lucky you have Rick as a father" I smiled at him and he smiled back. "Friends?" Carl stuck out his hand for me to shake "friends" I replied shaking his hand.

"You ready to go?" Carl asked me and I nodded in response and we headed out the door with Michoone and Morgan a head of us.

~~~~~~time skip because I can~~~~~~

We were walking out of a house that we swept out and we were all really silent especially Carl. "Find anything good, stale M&M, crazy cheese?" All of us looked at Michoone cunfused.

Michoone went through her bag and pulled out a tube of cheese and sprayed some in her mouth trying to be funny to make Carl laugh but it didn't work.

"Me and Morgan can take this house and you and Carl can take that one" I said and they looked at me "just to make it faster" I said and they all nodded and we headed our ways. Me and Morgan headed into the house and I slowly went up the stairs to sweep out the rooms.

I had my knife in one hand and the door knob in my other. I slowly opened the door and raised my knife and looked both ways before walking in. I felt something grab my arm and then I heard the moans of the walker.
It pushed me to the hard wooden ground and was trying to bite at my neck but I was using all my force to keep it off me.

"Morgan!" I yelled and heard heavy foot steps from down stairs and then I heard shuffling coming towards the door then a female walker came stumbling in and dropped to the floor and grabbed my leg. With one swish I kicked it dead center in the face, it dropped down again and then a stick got japped into its head and the other walker got pulled off of me and thrown into the wall.

I looked up and saw Morgan standing their and was breathing heavily. I got up and grabbed my knife that got knocked down onto the floor and stabbed the walker in the head. "You ok?" Morgan asked "yeah,we should hurry up cause Rick's gonna worry about where we are".

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Word count: 1053

Hope you all like it and sorry for the long wait.