Learning more (4)

We finished our sweep and Carl and Michoone were done theirs as well so we decided to head back. While we were walking Carl stopped and pulled something out of his bag.

"Here" Carl said and handed my knife that I let him borrow "keep it" I said "no I can't it was you're brothers and I-" I cut him off "my brother would've wanted you to have it, you're a brave kid Carl" I smiled at him and he smiled back.

We were almost back at house when Morgan decided to speak "what did you two find?" Morgan asked "food, few bottles of water, candy, and Carl found this for you Keira" I looked up and saw a old microphone, I took it and admired it. It was an old rusty blue old fashioned mic.

I smiled at Carl and Michoone "I uh heard you singing in you're room and I thought it would be perfect for you, I dunno" Carl kicked a rock on the ground. I reached over and hugged him "thank you Carl".

We kept walking and talking about what we should do next because it would be only limited time before a herd strolls through here and takes everything down with it.

"Did you two find anything good?" Carl asked "I found two walkers that almost killed me and some food and water" I said Michoone looked at my back and arms "what are you doing?" I asked "checking for scratches" she replied and once she was done she looked at me and nodded.

We went around a tree that was by the house and we saw Rick hiding by the side of the porch of the house we looked at him confused and we pulled out our weapons thinking it wasn't good.

Rick ran towards us and wispered "go, go, go" we ran down the street into the trees and we're far away from the house. We were all panting from running "what the hell was going on back there" I tried to say "I was taking a nap and when I woke up people were in the house and I luckily snuck out" Rick said really out of breath.

I kicked a rock on the ground that hit a tree "well shit what do we do know?" I asked kinda pissed off. "We keep moving, no use in just standing here" Morgan said "Alright but can we walk? Just for a little bit?" Carl asked and most of us chuckled "You tired Carl?" I laughed "stop fooling around and let's move" Rick said and we all started walking but we didn't really know where to go.

♢♡♢♡♢♡♢♡♢♡♢♡♢
Time skip
♢♡♢♡♢♡♢♡♢♡♢♡♢

It was quiet. We were all tired and dehydrated. All of us had our guns and knives ready but I had an arrow in my bow, don't get me wrong I like knives but I prefer my bow.

"So what happened after you left the prison that day Rick? When we got to the prison the fences were down and walker were everywhere" Morgan asked. "We'll stop here for the night" there was a small old worn out cabin in the woods that we were walking through.

We got inside and it smelled of dead that almost made me throw up. We scoped out the area and it was clear till I came upon the kitchen and saw a blanket covering something. I lifted it up curious of what it could be. The smell was so bad, I groaned in disgust as everyone's attention came over to me.

"What is it?" Michoone asked I was about to answer when I rushed out the door to throw up Morgan came out and saw my hands on my knees as I was throwing up my lunch, he put his hand on my back "Alright let it out" he said.

I stood up and wiped my mouth and saw Rick come outside and through the rotten dog corpse in the bush. Rick looked up at me "You ok?" He asked "besides the fact that the smell of that dog could kill walkers then yeah I'm fine" I responded "some sense of humor you got there" Rick said smiling.

We went back in side and Carl and Michoone were sitting on the couch and were relaxing. We all sat down but I leaned against the old wall "I suppose I should tell you what happened at the prison" Rick finally said.

"At the prison a man named the governor ran a town called Woodbury. He was insane, he kidnapped Glenn and Maggie but we got em back. They attacked once but they weren't strong enough. When he came back the second time he had Michoone and a man named Hershel, he never made it, but they took down the fences and everything went to shit" Rick said

"You were a cop weren't you?" I said "How can you tell?" Carl asked "My dad was one in Canada back at my hometown, I know a cop when I see one" I said "what we're you before this?" Morgan asked me "I was a vetranerian and I had a horse ranch" I said.

Michoone chuckled "what's so funny?" Carl asked "Oh nothing, just that you remind me of a guy that was in our group he was a redneck like you and he actually had a crossbow, do you have a brother?" She asked "yeah I had two why," I said "yep she's the female version of Daryl" Michoone said.

"We should get some rest, I'll take the first watch" Morgan said I nodded and layed down my bag and put my head on it as a pillow.

Daryl, huh, maybe me and this guy Daryl will get along but who knows anymore.

●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•

Finally another chapter! Well I hope you guys like it. I think writing kinda clears my mind from other stuff. Well hope you guys enjoyed it and I will write to you awesome dudes soon! Bye!

Word count: 1002

~Ace