Chapter 1

"Have fun with me Kalev... I know you want me too..." Kalev grinned upon hearing the woman's words in his ears, she is sitting right beside him. He's in his favorite bar right now drinking his favorite liquor when this lady approached him.

When he first saw her, he knew that she's a slut and he was right. She was even the first one to invite him to the bed but he 'respectfully' refused her because he's currently not in the mood right now.

Kalev couldn't do anything but shake his head.

He's currently heartbroken because of a woman that he met years ago, she rejected him despite of him showing his actual, genuine, and sincere actions towards her. He fell in love with her because she's unlike anyone he's ever met. She never needed to seduce him to grab his attention—nothing. She was very natural, she didn't fake anything about herself just to grab his attention, she was just being herself.

The first time their gazes met in that café, his heart skipped a beat and that was the time he knew that he's finally lost it, and fell in love with the woman he just met. They became friends but no matter how hard he tried, how he pursued her and courted her—he even used his money to lure her in but as expected of that woman, she never really got interested to those things and still rejected him despite of his best efforts.

It hurts. He never knew that loving someone genuinely could cause him pain.

Damn, it was his first time to be rejected by someone he loves sincerely—yes, he loves her, he still does actually. No one ever rejected him in his life, absolutely no one; as a matter of fact, he's the one who rejects people. So, this is a first.

In the past, the old him doesn't believe in love at all. In the past, he believed that love is just a hassle in life. Why would anyone want to be stuck with one woman only when you can be with a lot by not being locked in a single relationship? But that belief and thought was immediately proven wrong to him when he finally fell in love with someone. It turns out that, falling in love is not a choice—it just happens, like sickness. It can be prevented, but once it's there, it's there, the only different with sickness is that sickness can be cured—it can go away, but love? There's no medicine for it, no matter how many times you get hurt, it won't just disappear in a snap of your fingers.

It's a hassle indeed.

He's a playboy, he admits that. But he's not the type of guy who would sell himself to women and approach them just like that. They're the ones who are approaching him, not him. And the prime example is no other than the woman who's sitting beside him.

"Come on Kalev... I'm lonely." She said and even pouted her lips to her. He couldn't help and smirked at her. He leaned his face close to the woman's ear and whispered:

"Fvck off will you? Or do you want to wait until I snap and break that beautiful neck of yours?"

He felt the woman's body become stiff the moment he said those words to her. He was about to tell her off once again when she suddenly stood up from the chair and quickly ran off—away from him. He shook his head and played with the glass of wine in his hand.

"Hey bro! What's up?" His eyebrows furrowed in confusion when he suddenly felt someone encircling their arms on to his neck. He turned around to see who was that person and his lips parted when he saw a familiar face—Whinlan's face to be exact, he is grinning at him like a hungry hyena. He also felt other Whinlan's other friends sit beside him.

"Long time no see Kalev! You disappeared from the Philippines for about two years. How's life?"

He quickly removed the arm of the man from his shoulder and glared at him.

"What the fvck are you doing here?"

"We're just having fun then we found you here."

"I know you're not. What do you want from me?"