Novice

~Jack

        "What the-how did-" I sputtered as I spun in a circle to see the entire area. I was standing in a beautiful meadow on a hill, the tall light green grass tickling my legs and feet. The pale orange sun sat just above my head, surrounded by a collage of vibrant pinks, blues, yellows and reds to make a breath taking sunset. I looked down and realized that I was still in my own clothes and I was still barefoot. "Wait a minute." I bent down and touched the grass. The blade of grass moved slightly as I gently poked it. It felt real and definitely looked real as well. A few moments later, Mark appeared beside me, his eyes wide in shock. "W-no way, this is-this is absolutely gorgeous!" Mark gasped as he reached for the sun, his fingers blocking the last few rays. "Jack? Hey!" He ran over and gave me a quick hug. "I don't know how they did this, but I love it!" I exclaimed at last once I got over my speechlessness. "Dan look at the sun!" I saw a British guy with jet black hair dressed in a red short sleeve plaid shirt, tennis shoes and jeans point at the sky. On his right I noticed that there was another British guy with a light brown hair, similar hairstyle and dressed in a black t-shirt with a white circle in the middle and black skinny jeans with a black belt and tennis shoes. I then realized that it was Dan and Phil, the people that I follow on Twitter. "Oh my god is that Mark and Jack?!?" I overheard Dan whisper excitedly in Phil's ear. "Hey Dan and Phil!" I waved over at them. Mark waved and said hello to them as well. "Geez that was exciting!" Matthias remarked as he suddenly popped up a few feet away from Mark. "Oh hey!" Matthias whirled around and saw us clustered in a large group. "Did I miss much?" Ken inquired as he jogged up to me from wherever he came from. "How's it going bros, my name is Peeewwwdiepie!" Felix shouted as he ran over to Mark and playfully tackled him down to the grass. With an amused grunt, Mark easily pushed Felix off, then helped him up. "So, um, now what?" Matthias looked around the meadow just as the sun had set over the horizon, taking the colors with it as well, leaving us in darkness for a brief moment until a pale white moon rose up over the hill where the sun previously was. Stars dotted the sky, some of them forming constellations that I knew. "Hello and welcome to Choose Your Adventute!" A female voice that sounded like it belonged to a child boomed, her voice echoing out across the spacious meadow. "Um, cool?" I said uncertainly. "Yes Jack, very cool." The girl chuckled. I was about to ask how she knew me, but she started speaking again before I could even open my mouth. "So about the game. The menu, should you need it, can be accessed by just thinking about it." She paused as we all brought up our menu screens. The color of the screen was a neon green that matched my hair. "Player name: Jackaboy, HP: 26,000 holy balls!" I read aloud. "Attack: 26,000, Amor: Bossitronio Battlesuit, Weapon: Septic Sword, Companion, None." I finished reading the player stats screen, then moved to inventory. There was a long green flaming sword that had a handle made out of septic eyes and a suit of armor that looked lightweight with a leather sword sheath attached to the right hip and an empty quiver strapped to the back. The armor was a sky blue color that was the same shade of my eyes. I then clicked on the red X in the right corner, making the screen disappear. "Um, why can't I log out?" Mark was staring at his bright pink screen and I noticed that at the bottom, it had the option to log out, but the button was a light gray and no matter how many times he pressed the button, nothing happened. "I apologize, it must be a technical error. I'll get it fixed immediately. Anyway, you can walk around and there should be doors you can go through, but the trick is that they aren't labeled and once you walk through, you can't leave the level until you beat it. Some are fun and easy, but others are tough and challenging. There are a lot of doors with many adventures. Have fun!" The girl chuckled quietly, then went silent. "Anyone else think that chick is crazy?" Felix looked up at the sky, as if expecting to see the person's face. We all muttered our agreements. "Do we wanna go as a group?" Ken looked around at all of us. "Sure." I shrugged. Everyone else looked at each other, then nodded. "We should go there first." Matthias pointed over at a wooden door that was over not too far in front of us. "Ladies first." I teased as I opened the for for Felix. "Ha ha, very funny." He stuck his tongue out at me as he walked through. I waited until everyone has gone through, then hesitantly I followed them inside, wondering what our first challenge would be.

Sorry that this chapter is kinda short, school really wore me out today and I have homework I need to do, but I promise that the next one will be longer. As far as when that comes out, I'm hoping during the weekend. Anyway, hope you all have amazing, fabulous days!