Chapter Fifteen

Dedication: falloutpatronus for commenting/voting! Thanks everyone!

I don't know why I laughed so much at that, but it seems pretty accurate

-

Louis glanced at the man who sat in front of him, an amused smile tweaking at his lips. Liam sat there dressed head to toe in a suit, which he deemed was his proper work attire, with a scruffy beard etching across his jaw. He had cut his hair again, leaving him with a simple buzz cut, which Louis thought actually looked better on him, rather than his longer hair. But, that wasn't the humorous part of this all.

At least for Louis, he found some petty laughter at Liam's stern facade. His brows were pulled into a crease, as he seemed to be looking over Louis' notes, his teeth grazing against the plastic pen cap that was hooked upon the writing instrument, which was fixated in between his long fingers. Brown irises moved frequently right to left, as he skimmed over the words, while often letting out a hum.

He was always like this whenever they were inside his furnished office. It was occupied with grand furniture as well, which made the small room look wealthy and a bit spacious. Louis was seated upon a leather couch; a single leg that was clad with some skinny jeans dangled off of it, while the other was tucked beneath his bum. A coffee table was sitting in front of him, some old magazines relating around homes and the newest fashion, placed upon the glass. His therapist was perched on a leather chair as well, which made him wonder what in this room wasn't made out of the material.

He guessed that the answer would be the motivational posters which were framed to seem more professional, though it really didn't help. Along with some hanging shelves which were filled with books that apparently taught the patients numerous techniques to deal with their different problems.

Louis pulled his lip in between his teeth, finger tapping against his thigh, as his only source of entertainment was watching the flesh bounce. Liam had been staring at the same papers for minutes now, which made him feel deserted in this eerie silence.

"Leeyum, can you please start talking? I don't even mind if it's blubbering your usual nonsense, just something," he suggested, voice etched with plead, which was an unusual look for Louis. He watched intently as his friend simply raised his gaze to meet the other's now hopeful one, before falling back to his lap again. Louis groaned; Liam was such a nerd.

"Guess I'll have to do it myself," he muttered beneath his breath, before placing his palms on either side of his legs and pushing himself off of the sofa. Louis moved hastily towards his therapist as well, who still didn't react even a bit from the loud actions. Only did he let out a surprised shriek, was when Louis finally pulled the yellow lined papers away from his grip.