1.1: Threat.

We are all bored, or threatened, or tantalized in differing degrees by a perilous world, some hostile people, and a not very sensitive environment.

I clutch my chest, breathing heavily as I run forward. "Scott! Wait!" I gasp, trying to get a grip on his forearm. "This is a bad idea!"

I can't believe I'm out here again, in the middle of the freakin' woods and after sundown. I'm surprised that I didn't fall on my face during the trek over, since I'm just using the sounds of Scott's heavy footsteps as my compass. Huh. I could probably make it to Derek's house on my own now, if I wanted to. Pff. As if I wanted to.

"Scooott!" I whine. "Don't make me run!"

The reply to my constant complaining comes sooner (and closer) than expected. "You should've stayed at home then, Mia."

My eyebrows come together in a deep frown; I pretty much ignore the arm touching my lower back as the person begins to lead me forward. "Uh, no thanks. I'm not risking a fight between you two idiots."

Scott exhales violently next to me. "Well then, what do you expect me to do? Just sit around and watch Derek kill more people? It already sucks that I'm a werewolf, Mimi, and it turns out I need help from a murderer."

"Derek could be innocent!"

My rapid response causes a blush to grow on my face, and Scott splutters in surprise. With all the evidence we have compiled, there shouldn't even be a sliver of doubt. Everything points to Derek Hale, that's he's the one who turned Scott and killed Mr. Meyers. But for some reason, I couldn't believe it. Not with the way he seems so nice and kind and... OHMYGOD THIS CRUSH THING IS GETTING WORSE!

"I-I'm gonna pretend I didn't hear you," Scott coughs awkwardly. I nod, the blush on my cheeks intensifying, and I silently latch onto his arm as we walk. Scott doesn't even knock on the door. Nope, he just strides in like he owns the place and starts hollering like a madman. "Derek! I know you're here! I know what you did!"

"I didn't do anything," I hear Derek say, his voice distant.

"You killed him!" my cousin accuses.

"He died."

"Like your sister died?"

My jaw drops at his blunt statement. I can't believe Scott just said that. Sure, Derek might be a killer, but he didn't seem like the type to actually assassinate his own sister. That was low, Scotty. I thought I taught you better than this.

My spine goes rigid as his voice comes out too controlled for my liking. "My sister was missing. I came here looking for her," he says from the second floor.

"You found her."

"I found her in pieces, being used as bait to catch me," Derek spits out. I can almost feel the sadness in the air around him, and I send my cousin a look that says 'Shut up and stop making things worse'. But of course, who the hell listens to Mia? No one, that's who.

"I think you killed them both," Scott declares. "I'm gonna tell everyone, starting with the Sheriff."

I swear to God, he's just begging to get his ass handed to him. Scott's hand escapes from my hold and that's when I know he's about to start the fight he came looking for. His footsteps thump as he goes up the stairs, and I don't know if I should tag along or stay down here. I opt for shouting after him. "Hoe, don't do it!" A split second later, I hear something tumbling down the stairs, then lots of werewolf growling. Just great. At the sound of a heavy object flying through the walls, I groan and shake my head in distaste. "Oh my God."