Defenseless

First off, this is dedicated to my song fiction contest winner: @Skydancer22. She's a brilliant writer. Go check her out!!

Again, you never fail to amaze me. THANK YOU SO MUCH!! More than 5k reads, ranked at 16 & 81... it's just crazy bananas. I hope I'm making you all happy with this story because I truly enjoy writing it. So many ideas just run through my head. It's insane.

Keep voting if you're reading please!! :D And also, don't be afraid to comment. I like reading what you all have to say about the story. Tell me your favorite part, criticize me. DO WHAT YA DO.

Okay... I have a new idea for a fan fiction that I will possibly begin writing, but not until later down the line. I'll add a teaser to the side, and you let me know what you think! :D x

If you have good trailer skills that you wanna showcase for this book, would you be kind enough to make me one? <3 I'll of course give you some sort of payment..

Okay okay. Story time!!

--

“I made peanut butter brownies! It’s been a long time since I have, so I figured this was a perfect time,” Amy stated, setting her accomplishment down on the counter in front of her.

This was our attempt #2 since the other night didn’t go so well last time. We all agreed to give it another shot and we came to the agreement of having a cook-out. I volunteered since my dad wouldn’t be home for the weekend. My only issue was that he would be with us. Despite his attempt at an apology, I still wasn’t fond of him.

“Good evening, ladies,” Zayn greeted us smugly.

Oh. He’s having one of those days again. I knew the apology was too good to be true.

“Evening,” Cassie replied as quickly as possible, grabbing the tray of raw meat on the counter & rushed out to the backyard. Whatever it was that happened must’ve been that serious where she had to be so evasive whenever he was around.

He watched her, a little too closely as a matter of fact. And as he watched her, I watched him, too. Despite Cassie’s attempt to get out of the kitchen so quickly, my mind wandered elsewhere. The thoughts of the first time seeing him came to me, again. I remember thinking how perfect he was- even though I hadn’t seen his whole face, the profile & mysterious vibe was enough for me to be drawn him. But the minute I witnessed his attitude, any thought I had about that changed.

My focus must’ve been too hard that it knocked him out his thoughts, and when he turned to face me, it knocked me out of mine. He didn’t cockily smile like I thought he would, but his eyes said enough for me to become easily annoyed again. “Thanks for the invite, babe.”

Yep.

The blood in my veins was flowing at an abnormal pace. I’d never understand how just his voice could piss me off. “One, don’t call me babe. Two, I didn’t invite you, specifically. I invited Henley & Amy… and you just happened to tag along.”

“You could’ve told them not to bring me.”

“I didn’t want to be rude.”

“Oh… look at Miss Innocent Nani, suddenly not wanting to be rude. Shocker.”

Ignoring his comment, I turned my back to him, picking up the rest of the stuff that needed to be taken outside for Mason to begin grilling. Maybe Zayn should join him. I’d like to walk around the comfort of my home without having to walk on eggshells knowing he’d be in here to get under my skin.