Changes

Alright! Sorry for making you wait. It's unedited, I'll edit it later. Thank you so much for everything y'all. Seriously, it's overwhelming.

Here's the stories I'll be promoting in this chapter.

Before You Leave Me Today - @snowballsierra

Fly Me Away  & Messed Up Love Story - @forever_and_infinity

I'll do more the next chappie, I promise. But I don't want to make a whole list on just one chapter.

Remember, if you want me to promote your story, please let me know don't just advertise! I'd much rather you dedicate it to me or PM me. Please & thank you.

Keep commenting! I love reading what y'all have to say.

Ugh, stupid hair. I thought to myself, running my fingers roughly through my newly waved hair. The more things kept going wrong, the more I realized that this probably shouldn’t be happening. As it was, I’d never been on a date and weirdly enough, Zayn was going to be the one to change that.

If we’re honest, I don’t know what I was thinking when I agreed to that. It wasn’t that things had changed over night or anything, but just maybe it was safe to say a stupid kiss can change your mind about a couple of things or beliefs that you had.

Maybe the saying ‘if he’s mean to you, he likes you’ is actually true. But then again, who am I to assume? Maybe things did change. Maybe it was supposed to happen, we just didn’t expect it. I’ve seen plenty of movies to see that this exact reasoning could be one of the possibilities.

After Zayn & I kissed, he didn’t have to ask twice to take me out when we both had the time. We both agreed to hang out at The Station, the local dinner in the middle of towns square. It was one of the most popular places to hang out, especially for college students.

When we discussed the plans, I’d agreed & convinced him that I would meet him there. I was new to this whole thing, and in my head, I felt like a car ride with just him & I would be pretty awkward –for me at least. I’m sure it was pathetic that I didn’t know how dates actually worked. It didn’t matter how many chick flicks or romantic movies I’d seen. In real life, and when it actually happened, you freaked out, panicked and obviously didn’t know what to do.

I sighed frustratingly, throwing myself on my bed. Never in my life had I missed my mom the most until now –when things were actually starting to happen for me. Life had started a long time ago without my mom, but now when I needed to know how to act on a date, advice on how they went, I didn’t have anybody. Of course, there were other people I could count on about these types of things, but having people know that I’d actually be going on date with Zayn wasn’t at the top of my list. And no matter how much I loved my dad, this was something I wasn’t comfortable with just yet.

Perhaps if my mom had stuck around, I’d confide in her about things like this. Hell, if she did stick around, I wouldn’t be having my first date at nearly 21 years old. This would’ve been something she would have of course helped me with long ago.

Although I was unsatisfied with my attire, I slipped on my brown combat boots before heading out the door. Thankfully no one was home so I didn’t have to hear any questioning where I was headed off to & with who. Mason said he had ‘plans’, as did Cassie, so I knew their plans involved each other.