Chapter 7

"What?" I said.

Unexpectedly he stretched his hand forward and said, "Hi, I am Harry, Niall's elder brother."

At first I was confused with his gesture, but then I saw Anne standing beside him, so I understood why he was pretending to be all nice.

"I am Taylor, your next door neighbor." I said trying to make my expression as sweet as it could have been.
"Oh so you are our neighbor."
"Any problem?" I asked cockily.
"No not at all," interrupted Mrs. Anne in between.
"Yeah, not at all." Harry repeated grinding his teeth.

Well Harry and I are of the same age group, so I've just got an intuition that there will be a lot of arguments in the future.

"Well, Mrs Anne, I guess, I should be leaving now," I said.
"No... you're not going!" Niall whinned. Exactly as I wanted.
"But Niall, she can't stay here. She's got other things to do," said Harry.
"Yeah, you're right." I said looking at Harry. "But for Niall, I can put other works at rest," I said.

At that very moment Harry's face shriveled like an eggplant and he went back upstairs to his bedroom. How I enjoyed that look!

"So Niall where do we play?" I asked getting my attention back at Niall.
"Library!" He said excitedly.
"You mean chess again? Nooo!"

**********************************************************************************

***15 minutes later***

"Umm Niall?" I said.
"Yes?" He replied looking away from the chessboard.
"Yesterday you were telling me something about... like how your mother's behavior has changed since... since?"
"Since Harry came," he said quickly.
"Harry?" I was shocked.
"Yes, when he came everything changed. My family was no longer as it used to be. Everything became just weird," he said. His eyes showed the pain that was deep inside his heart.

"What do you mean by - since Harry came?" I asked.
"Yes, he wasn't there when... as far as I remember. He only came up one day... suddenly and then."
"What do you mean Niall tell me clearly."
"I can't."
"What do you mean you can't."
"Well, I promised mom, not to tell anything to anyone."
"Ok, I won't force you, but if at anytime you feel like you need a friend remember that I'll be there," I said with a reassuring smile.

I could see Niall's face clearly. He just hated hiding those secrets, but he was afraid of something which kept him from telling me anything.

"You guys want anything?" Said Kendall almost frightening us.
"No, I am about to leave," I said as I stood up from the table and said goodbye to Niall.

After I got back home and penned everything down in my diary, my mind started making other plans. Well, what Harry just said changed everything. It seemed as if everything was now circling around Harry.... I've just got this hunch that all these cruelty started because of Harry,but what could've happened? Well, how did the Styles' start stealing infants because of Harry? That's absurd! I just cannot make head or tail of it.

I took a deep breath and started thinking about everything from the beginning. I'll have to figure out an alternative. Niall's too afraid to spill something too important and I can't blindly depend on him... it's time to put my detective skills into action.

**********************************************************************************

At 7 pm...

"Can't you just stay at your home peacefully," said Harry as he opened the door.
"You make me come here again and again," I said angrily and brushed past him towards the library.

"I make her come here." Harry murmured. "Hey wait! Where are you going?" He shouted as he followed me upstairs panting.
"Hey wait!" He said.
"What?" I asked as I turned around to face him.
"What are you doing?"
"Can't you see." I said and turned around and went inside the library.

"I mean... hey listen."
"What?"
"What did you say downstairs?"
"Sorry, but I am a case of short-term memory loss," I said smirking.
"Yeah sure and that's why you keep coming back here."
"Of course! Now if you please excuse me I've got some work to do."
"Miss short-term memory you're in my house."
"As if I don't know," I said quite irritated.

This Barr was now actually getting on my nerve. I started searching the bookshelves frantically or say I pretended to do so. Harry was still present there making it difficult for me to put my plan in action.

"What are you doing?" He said.
"Actually I lost my keys," I said.

I kicked my brain mentally for making such a silly excuse.
"Keys?" Harrysaid seeming quiet confused.

I remained quiet and kept pretending to search books. Harry shrugged and rolled his eyes and went away. I took a deep breath of relief. Now I should quickly finish up with my business. I took out the camera and a microphone from my bag and placed it in between the books, mission successful!

As I was coming downstairs, I saw Anne in the living room. She was surprised to see me.
"Taylor?" She said.
"Yes... actually I forgot my car keys in the library yesterday, so I just came here to pick them up."
"Oh! Did you find them?"
"Yes, I did."
"Um...Taylor?"
"Yes Mrs. Styles?"

"Actually I wanted to come to your house today to talk about something, but since you're already here would you please sit down here, so we can talk for a while."
"Sure!" I said happily and sat down on the couch in front of her.
"So Taylor since you've met almost every member of our house except my husband I thought why not you meet him as well?"
"Well, it would be pleasure." I managed to say this with a smile, but I was utterly confused.
"Ok then, why don't you come over for dinner tonight?"
"Umm... there's no need for that Mrs. Styles, I'll meet him someday--."
"No... no, he actually wanted to meet you too. Come over dinner please," she said cutting me off.

"Fine then, I'll be there," I said.
"Ok then see you at 9 then?"
"Ya that would be fine. Now if you please excuse me, I have to go somewhere, thanks for the invitation," I said as I stood up from the couch.
"My pleasure dear."

I had to leave her house immediately. My mind was full of questions and I couldn't have pulled the poker face any longer.

Back in my room, I was trying to figure out why she was so keen on inviting me for dinner. Maybe I'll get my answer at the dinner table only.

**********************************************************************************

Author's Note

So how's the story been so far? Guys really need your comments on this.