Chapter 26

Harry's POV
I sat down on the ground and buried my head in my palms. My mind was spinning hard... every moment of my life was playing against me in flashes. I knew that what I had done wasn't completely right and yes, it was a very hard decision for me because the man I had just shot played the role of my father, but then I asked myself that what he had done, is it something that a real father would really do? The scenes of my past that were playing in my head showed me everything that I had in my life...but where was happiness? Nowhere. Yes there was a moment I was happy but it was only short lived... only for a brief moment. Maybe it was all written in the stars.... maybe I was destined to be their end and it had to happen one day.

***************************************************************************************

Taylor's POV

I lowered myself next to Harry and kept a hand on his shoulder and tried to console him.

"Harry... look at me," I whispered.
"I'm sorry Taylor," he said while still looking at the ground.
"You don't have to be sorry Harry."

"I-- I just don't know what to do--I--I." He stopped speaking... words were hard to come out.

"Harry, just give me a minute... I'll figure out what to do?" I told him and decided to call Louis.

***************************************************************************************

An hour later, I found myself driving while Harry was sitting next to me on the passenger seat. As per Louis' instruction I was taking Harry to the headquarters whereas a team was sent for Anne and Kendall who were still out there in the penthouse. Another team was searching for Niall... I hoped he was alright.

I looked at Harry....his head was lowered and his eyes were as dark as night. I wanted to break the ice, but I struggled for words.

After a few minutes of silence passed by, I finally decided to speak out.

"Harry?"

"Hmmmm," he spoke softly.

"Can I-- ask you something. Look, I know that this is the most inappropriate moment to do so, but I really want to know."

"Yes... ask anything... maybe there's a lot to answer."

"How did you know that I was in danger?"

"Ummm... there's this big story behind it.. .a story that you should know."

"I'm listening," I said as I wheeled towards the parking lot of a café. No, I wasn't hungry, but I wanted to only listen and not do anything else... not even drive.

So I kept sitting in my car as Harry told me the entire story.

"Well, Taylor there's still a lot of things that even I don't know yet, but I'll tell you what I know. Taylor there was this girl I met during my stay in the hostel... her name was Alison. Me and her, we were best friends... maybe more than just best friends !"

He continued, "And I was extremely happy with her, but little did I know that the happiness was short lived. One day my parents came to visit me. It was a surprise visit, but back then I was happy. They said that they were missing me, so they came there to meet me. I was so excited to see them then they met Alison. I told them that she was my best friend and my only friend." His voice became softer now. "The next day my dad gave me a surprise. He told me that he would take me home the coming weekend... I was delighted but then I thought of Alison... she was my only friend I just couldn't think of leaving her like this. So my dad suggested that she can come over for the weekend and stay with us... I agreed instantly. The weekend came and believe me I'd never be so happy before. Family and friends together! In the night when everyone was at bed, my father called me to meet him... for a father and son talk and so I went to the balcony and met him.

***************************************************************************************

Flashback

"Hey dad!" Harry hugged Mr. Styles
"Hey son... so how does it feel to be at home?"
"Great!"
"Ok, so I called you here to give you something."
"What?"

Mr. Styles took out a small revolver from his pocket and handed him over.
"A revolver? What use is it to me?"
"Well my son.. you are a grown up now... this is something a man should own... shouldn't he?"
"Well... it's kinda funny gift, isn't it?"
"So you didn't like it?"
"Of course, I did dad."

Harry looked at the hard metal revolver and inspected it.
"So let me see how well can my son shoot?"
"You really wanna see that?"
"Yes!"
"Ok then... where do I aim?"

"Ummm... can you see that lamp?" Mr. Styles said pointing at a lamp in the garden.
"Ok... so here we go," Harry aimed and shot... bull's eye!
"Ahhh!!! That's like my son."

And then Harry shot lamps, trees this and that.

"Ok, so let's make this game a little tough for you, shall we?"

"Ok dad.."

Mr. Styles blindfolded Harry and asked him to shoot at another lamp. Harry claimed and shot with a big smile on his face, but after the echo of the bullet came a cry that changed his life for ever !

-present-

Taylor's POV

I sat there dumbfounded looking at Harry . He had killed my sister !

______________

A//N: So now Tom (Loki) and Taylor are dating....... They do look cute together but HAYLOR FOR LIFE !

I loki don't like them together

See what I did there 😏

~CK