3

Alcohol really isn't beneficial in any way, I don't know why I keep drinking it if this is the way I feel every time I do. It's all fun and games in the moment, confidence fills you up and laughter comes way too easily. Sometimes tears do as well, but that's a whole different story.
Right now the only thing I was feeling was a slight panic, unsure of what I could've done last night, or what I could've lost. This happens to me every time I wake up hungover, I have a tiny moment where I panic, wondering if I did something embarrassing or terrible the night before.

I felt dizzy and weak, as if my knees would crumble under the weight of my body if I ever stood up from my bed. Despite it all, I made a 90 degrees turn in my covers in order for the tip of my toes to slightly touch my cold wooden floor. I was sitting on the edge of my bed, both hands on each side of my body, resting on the matress.
I rubbed my eyes and finally stood up before heading downstairs.
Before I could get to the bottom of the staircase, I noticed a white piece of paper lying on the floor in front of me, which I picked up to read what was written on it.

Out for the day, food's in the fridge.
Love, dad.

Great.

I opened the fridge with one hand, the other hand holding my phone. I scanned the content of the fridge and took out a carton of orange juice and an apple, closed the fridge and put two pieces of toast in the toaster while turning on the TV from afar with the TV remote.
I leaned on the counter, resting my elbows on it while taking a bite in my apple, scanning through the chanels to find something to watch.
My toasts popped out of the toaster, and I decided to call Scar as I placed them in a plate, making my way to the couch.

"Hello?"

I grinned as soon as I heard her tiny voice through my phone, "Hi, Scar,"

"How you feelin' this morning?"

"Like shit," I replied, chuckling,

"Yeah me too," she paused, "Hey um, you know the hot kid, Nick Robinson, right?"

My heart skipped a beat as I heard his name.
Oh shit.
I forgot about that.

"Yeah?"

"Well, last night I got with him,"

Oh dear.

"Wait-" I replied, mortified, "Are you saying you- you slept with him or something?"

"Gee, no! We made out a couple of times, he drove me to my house but couldn't spend the night," she replied, giggling.
I pressed my lips together and grimaced at the thought of him getting with me AND my best friend in a timespan of like an hour.

"Okay, but when was that?" I asked, slightly laughing nervously.

"Last night, way before you left. You were crying, if I remember correctly, but I had to go, so he offered me a ride and went to sleep after that. I think it was around 12:30,"

Oh. He did not go to sleep, let me tell you that.

"I don't know, Lara, it might sound weird, but I think I'm starting to like this guy,"

"Scar, get a grip, you can't like a guy you've literally just met," I replied, anxious, "I mean, do you even know him?"

"I know, I know. It's just that he knew exactly what to say, you know? He was..." she trailed off probably daydreaming, making me roll my eyes, "Charming," she continued, slightly giggling.
I sighed, not knowing what on Earth I was supposed to do.