4

"Once upon a time, a devil and an angel fell in love,"

_______________

"What is it you wanted to talk about?" I asked, strolling around in the empty streets.
My stare was glued to my Converse, yellowed by time and slightly covered with mud on various spots.

"Nothing in particular, I just wanted to ditch, and you seem like a pretty cool chick," he replied, glancing at me with a grin, hands deeply dug in his pockets.

"Aw, sweet,"

It has been about 20 minutes since we left our school, we were walking along the sides of random streets, not paying attention to where we were going.
He walked mostly looking down, occasionally glancing at me with a slight smirk and eyes that spoke clearer than a mouth ever could every time I would say something that amused him.

The farther we got from our school, the greater I felt, which would be considered normal. Who doesn't love to be away from school anyway?
But that wasn't the point, I just felt like I was completely alone with him, in our own little word. It was a time of the day where everyone was busy either working or being in class, and we were walking in the streets of a neighborhood I had never been in before, never crossing the path of any cars.

"Where are we going anyway?" I asked, glancing around to see if anything was familiar.

"If I told you, I wouldn't have the satisfaction of seeing you wonder where the hell we're going. You almost look anxious, it's cute,"

"Right," I replied, letting out a soft chuckle.

"This way,"

He randomly stopped in the middle of the street and bifurcated to the left, leading me to an opening in the trees and bushes.

"What is this?"

"Shut up and just go," he replied, smirking.

I listened to him and went through the small opening, wondering what was going on. I made myself smaller so that I could pass underneath the branches and looked at my feet until the ground I was stepping on became noticeably different. It was no longer dead leaves and roots, but solid ground on which people could walk.
We were in a forest, I believe. A forest with paths and benches for people who would take a walk in it. The leaves were turning to warmer colours, going from deep red to dark yellow, some of them occasionally falling down to land beside our feet, due to the time of the year.

"That's amazing," I mumbled, looking around.

Wind was softly blowing through the ends of my hair, through the branches and leaves, creating a small melody along the birds who chirped higher in the cime of the trees.
It was a sunny day, not too warm, not too chilly, slightly windy, but perfect for a day outside.

"But why didn't we pass by the entrance instead of this?" I asked, glancing at the bushes he just made me pass through.

"We're not allowed to be here,"

"What do you mean? It's a forest, it doesn't really belong to anyone," I replied, slightly furrowing my eyebrows.

"This one does, it's a summer camp, I actually work here during the summer,"

"Wait, you- you work here?" I replied amused, "No way, the badass kid works at a summer camp,"

"Surprised?" he smirked, raising his eyebrows, "It's fucking awesome actually, you pretty much get paid for not doing anything in particular,"

"Come on, I want to show you something," he added, glancing away and turning around.

I followed him for a few minutes, as he led me through trees and trails. We walked for a few minutes in complete silence, the only audible noises being the leaves cracking underneath our footsteps and the birds singing.
A few moments later, he slowly stopped walking, as his lips curved into a slight smirk, admiring what was in front of him. It seemed to be a field.
No more trees were around us, as if forming a circle of land in the middle of the forest. In the middle of that field stood a weirdly shaped climbing wall.
It really was a summer camp.