Dawn of a new day

It's 2016 and the least expected thing has happened, a real zombie apocalypse has broken out. Some people say it's the end of the world but me, I say it's God punishing us for our evil seductive ways. It's been 2 months since the apocalypse has ended and I'm still traumatized by the deaths I have witnessed. I guess I should start from the beginning though. Well it was a Thursday....
I rolled around on my foam matress not able to get back to sleep. I looked at my watch 5 minutes until my alarm was set to go off. I sat up and rubbed my face my hair sticking to me from static electricity. I sighed and pushed my hair behind my ear as I shook with anticipation. I was so scared to get on my new bus. My parents had just split an now I had a new bus at my dads house. I rubbed my face and walked to the bathroom, I used the washroom and dashed back to my room to get dressed. I threw on some random clothes and pulled my hoodie on on top.
Diiiiiiiiiing!!!
I slid open my phone and looked at the texts.
Isabella 7:42am: Hey Meadow!! What bus are you now??
I smiled and typed a reply my fingers swiftly gliding over the letters.
Meadow 7:42am: 50 So scared 😁
It took a while for her to respond so I walked to my bus stop skipping breakfast yet again. My phone buzzed.
Isabella 7:45am: 🤗🤗
I did a mental happy dance. Bella was on my bus! Yes!!!! The bus rolled up to the stop a bit after I got there and I sat down in an empty seat fidgety. The bus started to roll along and when it stopped again a blonde girl darted into my seat a huge grin on her face.
"HI!" She squealed. My face broke into a toothy grin as well
"Hey!" I replied with a small wave. She pulled me into a death hug and I awkwardly returned the gesture. We laughed and talked and chatted until we got to school which was boring until...