Chapter Nine

(Y/N) POV:
We walked down the street, the skies becoming slightly dark. Despite the transition from day to night, it was still hot. We stopped at the park, the last of the kids leaving. A few parents gave Wilford a weird look, but didn't say anything. I finished my ice cream with a satisfied sigh, sitting down in the grassy field.
I watched Wilford do the same, starting to eat the cone. Smiling, I stretched, then fell back, bringing my hands up under my head. A few clouds passed slowly, their fluffy whiteness reminding me of cotten candy. After a while, I closed my eyes, relaxing in the small breeze.
I could feel Wilford watching me, and for some reason, that made my heart skip a beat. I pressed my lips together, ignoring the feeling in my chest. He doesn't feel like a threat anymore, it's strange. The more he stayed, the less harsh he was to me. It was nice to know that he wasn't going to treat me like trash, but I couldn't help but wonder why.
The search history on my computer says it all, but I didn't want come to conclusions. He could be thinking about someone else, or maybe it isn't love he's feeling, maybe he just got it confused with sympathy. Yeah... sympathy. That's it.
"What are you thinking about?"
I popped one eye open, and looked over at him. His pink hair was slightly poofed up, and he was smiling softly, like he wasn't even aware that he was smiling. He was leaning back against his hands, his shirt sleeves rolled up slightly.
I smiled back, closing my eye again. "Just thinking," I blushed slightly.
"About what?"
I bit my lip at that. I can't exactly tell him what I was thinking about. That would be... ridiculous. Yeah. Ridiculous.
"Honestly? I was thinking about my past. Before I went through all the shit," I waved a hand in the air, as if to dispel any thoughts of it. "Doesn't really matter."
Wilford went silent, probably thinking about other stuff.
I dropped my hand, placing it on my stomach, sighing. "Wilford? Do you ever think back on your life, and wonder why? Why did a certain thing happen to you?"
"Yes," he said slowly.
I laughed softly. "I played by the rules. I was nice, I was doing well in school. I had great friends. I wasn't 'popular' in a sense, but people liked me," I paused for a moment, knowing that I had Wilford's attention. "I just don't understand why life decided to throw all of that shit in my face."
I felt Wilford move, then felt the grass next to me shift. Looking over, I saw Wilford laying next to me, eyes up at the dim sky, his glasses off. My breath hitched in my throat.
He was cute with the glasses on, but without them? Oh, my God.
I glanced away, my blush growing.
"You alright?"
I nodded. "Yep, everything is fine."
There was a moment of silence between us.
"I understand how you feel, (Y/N). Not exactly, I never went through what happened to you, but I will ask myself why everything happened the way it did. Sometimes, I wish I could take it all back."
"And the other times?"
He sighed softly, his eyelids fluttering closed. "I wish I could forget it all."
The feeling in my chest spread, filling my heart with longing. He was like me in a sense...
I sat up, and looked at him. "Wilford?"
He hummed, keeping his eyes closed.
I took a deep breath, then leaned over, my face becoming completely red. Slowly, I dipped my head, and gently pressed my lips to his. He tensed, freezing. Worry filled my chest, and I started to pull away, mentally cursing myself for my idiocy.
"I'm sorry, Wilford. I, uh.. I'm sorry," I turned away as he sat up, staring at me. You're such an idiot, (Y/N)! Why did you think that was a good idea?
"(Y/N)," he murmured.
I flinched. "Sorry."
Wilford reached out slowly, and hooked a finger under my chin. He gently turned my head to face him. His chocolate brown eyes sought my (E/C) ones. Before I could say anything, his lips smashed against mine, startling me.
I tensed, eyes wide, before I relaxed, slowly wrapping my arms around his shoulders. He lightly bit my bottom lip, his hands around my waist. I parted my mouth, allowing him to explore. He pulled me up into his lap, so I was straddling him, his tongue gently swirling around mine.
We pulled away, breathless, staring at eachother.
"I love you, (Y/N). I will admit that."

So~! Seems like Wilford really likes you! Yeah! *applauds* Good job at winning Wilford's heart!
"Congratulations are deserved, it's six AM, you win!"
Sorry, I had to! XD
Anyway, thank you for reading. If you have any suggestions for this book, or even another book, please let me know! I have some future ideas for this one, but I want to know what you think! If you also what to ask me certain things, I'd be more tha willing to share at the end, or beginning of each chapter.
Again, thank you for reading. I'm really glad you all like this book so much! Last time I checked it was at... 37 votes, I want to say. It's grown so much in a short amount of time! I realize that 37 isn't that much, but that's a big deal to me. I can't thank you all enough!
Hope you liked this chapter! Thanks, yet again!
Okay, I'm finally done. Bye!