Chapter Fifteen

(Y/N) Point of View:
I let out a shaky breath once we arrived home. For some reason, my burns were gone, and I couldn't sem to stop shaking. Wilford explained why I... saw him. That us was only an illusion. But still... it felt so real.

Wilford came in, having paid the taxi man, then closed the door, immediately hugging me. "I'm sorry, (Y/N)," he whispered.

I sighed, hugging him tightly, holding back a cough. "Stop. Stop saying that. Don't-!" I held my hand up, pulling away. "There is nothing you can do now, so stop."

His brown eyes glazed over, and a tear dripped down his cheek. "I just wish it wasn't so."

I gave him a small smile. "What's important is that you're here now. Please."

Wilford's Point of View:
I shuddered, looking at her beautiful, (E/C) eyes. They seemed to gleam with a new light. Damn it! Why?! Why does it have to be this way?! It's not fair! Not fair to me, or (Y/N)! (Y/N)... Oh, fuck...

I hugged her tightly. "Well do something, anything you want. I will give it to you, take you, and make you anything. You deserve all of it."

She was silent for a moment, then pulled back, smiling. "Lollie. I want some ice cream from Lollie."

I nodded, giving her a sad smile. "Of course. Anything you want," I took her hand, and gently led her out.

We walked in soothing silence, stopping to watch the kids at the park for a moment. She smiled faintly, her hand tightening around mine. "Did I ever tell you, Wilford? That despite not liking children, and everything my Dad put me through... I still wanted to have a kid of my own? Just one."

I studied her sad face, taking in her smooth, (S/C) skin, silky, (H/C) hair, and wonderful curves. I tugged her away, then continued walking. The ice cream shop came into view, and I quickened my step. We entered, and was immediately greeted by Lollie behind the counter yelling a thanks to a young couple who just left, looking angry.

I raised my brow as (Y/N) ran forward, and jumped over the counter. Lollie's eyes widened as (Y/N) hugged her tightly. She looked up at me, glaring. I held my hands up, and leaned against the counter, watching as she pet (Y/N)'s head, whispering in her ear.

(Y/N) laughed, pulling away, sniffing. "No, it's not his fault. I just... needed to give you big hug."

Lollie gave her a worried smile, but nodded. "Alright, ya big baby," she laughed, pushing her out from behind the counter. "No customers behind the counter. What can I get you two?

I smiled. "A chocolate ice cream, please."

(Y/N) looked up at me. "Don't you want some?"

I shrugged, giving her a smile. "We're here for you."

She laughed slightly, then nodded. "Thanks, Lollie."

I watched (Y/N) as she chatted with Lollie, laughing every once and a while. She was beautiful, she was perfect. I don't even know how she can even smile despite her past, and what just happened. I don't get how she can joke and laugh with Lollie, knowing that she only has less than an hour to live. She strong, stronger than she thinks. Heh... she'd make a good actress too...

Oh, fucking hell... why? Why does it have to be her...?

"-ord? Wilford!"

I blinked, and looked down, seeing (Y/N), her ice cream in hand. I smiled, took her hand, then waved to Lollie as we started to leave. "Thanks, Lollie."

She raised a brow, leaning against the counter. "Have fun, you two."

~Time Skip~

Once home, (Y/N) and I sat on the couch. She had finished her ice cream a while ago, eating the cone with it. She tried offering some to me, but I declined. I didn't have the appetite.