Plans do indeed change

The sunhat girl stabbed a piece of beef in her stew, biting into the perfectly cooked meat. She swung back and forth in her chair, loving every moment of your surprised and angered expression. Both brothers had rested their hands on the top of their sabers, ready to draw them at a moment's notice.

"Now what is this about not continuing your games with your beloved plaything?" she asked in a sickly-sweet voice.

"That doesn't concern you child" Heart said harshly, his smile giving him the look of a maniac.

"Oh it's so cute how you think you're in control of the situation" she giggled, kicking her feet back and forth.

"What do you want? We know you sent the letters to us" he stated, his eyes narrowing.

"Do you? Well that makes things easier for me. Anyway I merely want you to continue your games" she said innocently, but her eyes showed only evil intent.

"Like that's going to happen. Now tell us why you sent us those letters and why you want us to continue our games" Heart demanded.

"I merely sent those letters, so that you two would become obsessed with _____, which worked out quite well. As for why I want you two to continue the games, well that's my business. You two do not control me, you're not my puppeteer, but you two can easily become my puppets. In fact you two have been my puppets this entire time. ______, on the other hand is my favorite doll; she will help me in my end goal".

"I'm not your doll. Do not give yourself such authority over me" you said.

Bursting into laughter, the sunhat girl's eyes gleamed in delight. At this point Heart and Diamond had risen out of their chairs, sabers pointing at the golden haired girl. She only laughed more, as she clutched her sides due to her laughing fit.

"Ah, ______ you always are so stubborn, yet so foolish. Of course you're my doll, silly. Now lower your swords and comply with my demand; continue your games".

The brothers seemed to have not heard her, as a strange look fell over both of their faces. Heart looked to be the definition of insanity while Diamond seemed to have a hazed look, as though he only wished to kill. However, their terrifying gazes had no effect on the sunhat girl.

"So you two wish to play, well I suppose that's what you two are best at".

In that instant the two brothers ran at the child, sitting in the stolen chair. She remained completely calm. As the two blades went to sever her head from her body, she vanished into thin air. Appearing on top of the chandelier, a childish grin graced her lips. Heart jumped up into the air with the saber extended out towards the sunhat girl. Once again not a single sign of fear fell across her face. Instead she disappeared and reappeared two inches to the side of the approaching blade, dodging its lethal intent. This left Heart exposed. His face nearing the sunhat girl, as he flew through the dining room, she extended her right index finger, flicking him on his injured face. Upon contact, Heart cried out in pain and fell onto the floor below, as fresh blood streamed down his face. Diamond went to go aid his brother, but the golden haired child appeared right in front of him, blocking his path. Grinning, she pushed her hand into his chest until he collided with the wall. He tried to get away from the wall, but he was held in place. With one brother in serious pain and the other restrained, the sunhat girl turned to you.

"_____, since the two brothers have failed to agree with my demand, I now ask you to proceed onwards. Travel through the forest behind this castle, taking the train to the Land of Amusement. If you refuse this demand, I will take the two brothers and use them for my own personal entertainment; their allowed freedom in this world will vanish and they will suffer. Until you accept my demand you will wander this world endlessly, knowing that you doomed two people to a fate worse than death for your own selfish need".

"What makes you think I care about the brothers' safety or freedom?" you said not glancing at either brother.

"You may be unwilling to admit it my dearest _____, but I know that you care for them even if that feeling is buried deep within in your heart. However, even if you say this is not true, can you really send two people to an eternity of torture? Can you really commit such an act of evil?".

You looked down at Heart, who was currently trying to stop the bleeding wound. Turning your gaze to Diamond, you met his orangish-red eyes, which were telling you not to go along with her plan. The brothers had saved your life on multiple accounts, making you indebted to them. However, they were the ones who put you in those life threatening situations. Though, they had promised that they would never kill you, which was more than anyone could offer in this world of madness. Furthermore, they risked their own lives for your sake and received serious injuries in the process. Sighing, you made your decision.

"You win; I will head to the Land of Amusement. Now let them go".

"I look forward to seeing you there my favorite doll" she stated, as she disappeared from the room.

Upon her disappearance, Diamond fell forward onto the floor below. He quickly picked himself up and ran over to his brother. You slowly made your way to the two brothers and saw that Heart was considerably paler than usual. Diamond quickly unwrapped Heart's bandage and tore off part of his shirt sleeve, pressing the cloth against the wound.

"Miss ____, you shouldn't have agreed to the sunhat girl's demand".

"I only did so because I owe you two my life. However, that's not important right now; you're brother needs tending to".

"Indeed, please wait here while I tend to his wound" he said, picking up Heart, who was now on the verge of being unconscious.

You nodded and watched as the two vanished from the dining room. Pulling out a chair, you sat down and waited. The brothers may have been freed from a horrible fate, but you somehow knew that you're fate would not be so bright. You had willingly fallen into the hands of the sunhat girl. There was no denying it; you were the puppet while she was your puppeteer. Resting your head on the table, you shut your eyes, wanting the evening to just end. However, you felt a tap on your left arm.

"My lady would you like some tea to ease your mind".

Staring down at the standing amphibian, you smiled.

"I would love some tea Aberrous, thank you".

He nodded and went into the kitchen. Soon he came out of the kitchen with a crystal teacup and saucer in hand. Setting the cup and saucer in front of you, you smelled the delightful scent of earl grey tea. Aberrous bowed before walking back into his favorite room. As he left, you brought the cup up to your lips, letting the soothing drink calm our mind. The drink was lightly sweetened and had no cream. It was perfect. Picking up a nearby spoon, you swirled the metal object in the tea. The simple action seemed to relax you further, as you blankly stared at the tea in the cup.

You didn't know how long you waited before Diamond came back into the dining room. For the first time, you saw that Diamond looked tired. His hair was a mess and his shirt was torn on the right sleeve. Leaning against the stone arch, he combed his fingers through his hair. Taking the last sip of your tea, you stared up at him, waiting for the details on Heart.

"My brother will be fine. He will just need to rest for a few days".

"I see".

Walking over to you, Diamond got down on his knees in front you. He lifted your right hand in both of his hands, which were covered in dried blood. You tried to retract your hand, but Diamond kept his grip firm. Lifting your hand up to his lips, he kissed the top of it. The action surprised you, as it was gentle and possessed sincere gratitude.

"Today Miss ____, you have saved the life of my brother and thrown yourself into the arms of a monster. You saved both of us and displayed bravery beyond words. Thus, I thank you".

"You're ... welcome" you stuttered, as a blush swept across your cheeks.

Diamond stood up, picking you up in the process.

"You look like you need some sleep, Miss _____".

"Yeah, I guess".

As Diamond carried you up to your room, you glanced up at him and he returned the gaze.

"Just remember that I only agreed to the sunhat girl's plan because I was in debt to you two".

"I understand, but Miss ____ you were never in debt to us. You're simply ours; you shall never belong to anyone else. The sunhat girl cannot control you because we already fill that role".

Turning away from his gaze, you didn't say anything more, knowing that he would allow no argument. The two of you soon neared your room. Diamond opened the door and entered your room before setting you on your bed. He pulled the covers over you and you didn't protest because the sheets were truly welcoming. Before he left you for the evening, he lightly kissed your forehead.

"Goodnight Miss ____" he said, his eyes glowing in the light, before he turned off the lights and closed the door behind him.