11 | harm

11

h a r m

We're quietly sneaking our way through the deserted corridors; baseball bats, hockey sticks and other such makeshift weapons in our clutches. There's no one that can spot us as we make our way to the football boy's changing room, as most of the school students are still in the stadium.

It's a genius idea, really, because the boys will be exhausted after their match, making them easy prey. A sly smiles makes its way onto my face, one that I never knew I was capable of. I smile, because we can hit them all we want, just like how they kicked and punched Liam and myself.

We come to a stop right outside the changing rooms. I take a deep breath, and the adrenaline rushes through my body, giving me a different kind of high. "Ready?" I whisper, to Liam. He takes a deep breath. [gif] The rest of the Gamma members all nod simultaneously.

I place my hand on the door knob, and after counting to three, I wrench it open, and we all pour inside. But it's only then that we realize, that we aren't the only ones who were ready.

They are ready for us as well.

My eyes widen in shock, and my heart thumps forcefully in fear. I look at all the football boys, standing with their arms crossed against their chests and a smirk on each of their faces. Jeremy's standing there as well, but for some reason he looks like he just wants to get the hell out of here.

"So that chick was right, eh?" One of them asks. They've all got sweat dripping from their brows, but they still look stronger than all of us.

I'm confused, but my grip on the baseball bat doesn't falter. How do they know, that we were going to attack them?! I turn towards Liam, to see my same fear mirrored on his face. His eyes widen and he shakes his head signifying that he doesn't know how this happened.

"Oye, Mikaela!" One of them hollers, towards the back of the changing room.

And then I see the devil herself. She walks out from behind, and she's still in her cheer uniform, her make up intact. But she someone steps out from behind her, and then I realize who the real devil is.

Hazelle Ronan.

And then it all falls into place. She told them about our plan. She leaked it out, and now I just feel like an idiot, for getting cheated by her.

"You!" I say, as I lunge forward. All the other members of Gamma are screaming profanities at Hazelle, and that includes Bridget as well. She ruses forward as well, and for a second it looks like she might use the baseball bat against her.

But Mikaela quickly stands in front of her, and shields her. "No no. We can't have you hurting the informant."

"Are you for real, protecting her!?" Sheila shouts out in frustration brandishing her hockey stick. "You have got to be kidding me!"

Mikaela's eyes widen at Sheila's audacity to question her motives.

"Bitch, come on," she says, and my mouth falls open at how brave Sheila is being right now. "She was a part of the plan that made you and your silly posse of cheerleaders fall down on your faces, with your butts in the air. And now you're defending her?" We all agreed never to reveal who was involved in which plan, entirely for safety purposes, but now I'm happy Hazelle did.

However tense the situation may be, it evokes a toxic laugh from every one of us. Mikaela's face goes red, and she pulls out Hazelle from behind her. "So you asked me for a position on the cheer-team, in exchange for valuable information, but you forgot to give me the most valuable information, darling," Mikaela says, in a cloyingly sweet voice, that someone who makes me feel bad for Hazelle. No one, deserves Miakela's wrath.

Hazelle looks helpless. She looks at us, and then back at Mikaela. "They forced me to do it! I wouldn't have done it, trust me. Please trust me, Mikaela. I - "

"Say good bye, to your cheerleader dreams, me cherie," Mikaela says, before pushing her forcefully onto the floor. She falls down, and her skirt hitches up in the process. And since all the football boys are busy staring at that, I give the code word.

"Gamma, attack!"

And we all surge forward with our weapons. Sure the boys were distracted for a split second, but the moment they realize what's going on, they immediately start fighting back. They punch and kick and shove. We might have makeshift weapons, but they have muscles, and actual experience in things like these. And it seems like the latter is having the advantage.

Somehow, among all the chaos, my hand finds Liam's and I hold onto him tightly. I won't let him get hurt today. It won't happen. And just as I'm saying this in my head, one of the burly boys, comes forward, ready to punch Liam right in the gut. And as though by reflex, I twirl around immediately to cover him. Just as the boy's fist is an inch away from my, I bring down the baseball bat, forcefully onto his hand, and I hear a loud crack.

"Lyra, I think you broke his hand!" Liam hollers.

"That's amazing!" I shout back.

I watch in fascination as Sheila forcefully brings down her hockey stick, and beats it onto Mikaela's back. Mikaela slips and falls onto the floor.

It's a beautiful chaos, but I can see that the members of Gamma are losing their energy. "Gamma, retreat!" I shout, and immediately everyone makes their way to the front of the door. I pull on as many Gamma members as I can, and shove them out of the room. Hazelle sits up from her position in the floor. Someone must have stamped her nose in all this chaos, because there's blood dripping down her face.

She looks at me helplessly, as though willing for me to help her, but as I close the door, telling her to rot in hell.

_________END________

|| 2 multimedia items ||