Chapter 1

I spent my first two periods doodling to take my mind off my impending doom. Calling Ethan a bitch may not have been the smartest thing to do.

When the bell for lunch rang, I took my time packing away my books and inched down the hallway to the cafeteria. I contemplated ditching lunch but my stomach was eating itself because I oh so stupidly skipped breakfast. When I bent the corner to go into the cafeteria, I spotted Ethan lounging by the doors.

"Might as well get this over with." I mumbled to myself walking up to him.

"So what's it gonna be Ethan? Shoved in the locker? Beaten up? Head in the toilet? Come on I'm starving, let's get this over with." I tried my best to glare at him but stomach cramps and anger don't get along, so I could only imagine how idiotic I look right now.

"Uh no, can I talk to you in private for a second Alex?" He knows my name?!

I didn't realize I said that out loud until he chuckled. "Yeah Alexander I know your name. So can we talk in private real quick?"

"I stood there for a good 20 seconds contemplating whether I should go with him or not.

If I go, I get pummeled.

If I refuse, he drags me, I get pummeled.

If I run—well you see where this is going.

"Lead the way my liege." He chuckled at that and began walking towards the back of the school. The silence during the walk was tense to say the least, with both of us consumed by our thoughts.

Me writing my will and him, no doubt, going over death scenarios.

When we get there he holds the door to the outside world open for me. Such a gentleman.

He closes it once I get through.

We stand facing each other in an awkward silence until he breaks it with a rushed out question that damn near gives me a heart attack.

"Would you go on a date with me?"

The shock must've really did something to my brain because the next thing you know I was laughing my ass off.

I looked at his face and low and behold he is serious.

That shut me up real quick.

"What?"

"I want you to go on a date with me." He's getting all shy now, rubbing the back of his neck. Real smooth.

"Is this some kind of joke? Cause it's not funny."

"Look Alex, I know I've bullied you a little-"

"A little!?" I jumped letting my anger get the best of me.

"Ok a lot. But I didn't know how to just communicate and say it. I really like you and I'm sorry for everything. So please just go out with me?"

"I swear if this is some kind of prank-"

"It's not I promise." And damn me did he look sincere.

I watched him sweat bullets for a bit, waiting for my answer which was going to be No.

Or so I thought before I opened my mouth and made the biggest mistake of my life.

"OK."

-----------------------------------------------------------

2 days. I have two days to get ready for my date on Saturday. My initial shock had worn off, now replaced by loathing and excitement.

My bully that I liked for years, has finally realized my smexiness and asked me out. Le faint.

But on the serious side, there are moments I questioned if I should really go out with him. Even if he was sincere, shouldn't I let him work for it? I gave up way too easily.

Though, after he asked me out I was free of the bullies for these past days. It was weird not having them pounce at me out of every corner. Even the skanky cheerleaders were clear out of my way but the dirty looks still remained.

When I got to school on Thursday I ditched my Ethan observance routine and searched until I found an empty classroom where I called my best friend Mae.

About 5 minutes later the classroom door is being swung open and a beautiful brunette midget, though taller than me, walks in.

"Ok spill the beans." My best friend says.

I take a deep breath before: "Ethan mother fucking Carmichael asked me out!!"

"First off, loud much? Second, Ethan changed his middle name? Third, oh my gay. Finally! So when's the date? What time? Where? What are you wearing?"

"Hold up, hold up damn. Sorry for screeching, don't be an idiot. I know right, he's picking me up on Saturday, said it's a surprise, and I haven't a clue."

"Aww my baby I'm so happy for you, but I don't trust him. He bullied you for years. Why the sudden interest?" Mae asked.

I knew this was coming and deep down I was wondering the same thing.

"Look I know. But he likes me and I love him. So I'm going and that's the end of that. Now what to wear?"

"I think the more important question is how are you going to get out of your house on Saturday night." Mae sure knew how to out a happy fire.

Shit I didn't think about that. But I couldn't let my sperm donor mess this up for me. Not again.

_