-1-

"Hurry up everyone!" Kuroo yelled at the volleyball team.

   "You just had to come back, didn't you?" Kenma replied sarcastically, falling behind everyone in his running.

   "Why yes I did ha—Lev! Stop bugging the poor first years," Kuroo sighed. "Anyway, yes Kenma, I did have to come back. I can't just leave after being with you all for so long, and Coach Nekomata offered me a position as a second coach."

   Kenma rolled his eyes in response, hiding his slight thankfulness that the old captain had returned. Despite the annoyance Kuroo brought him, Kenma carried a deep respect that would transcend the years to come.

~

   "God, I wish Yaku had come back too..." Kuroo muttered under his breath, just audible enough for Lev and Kenma to hear.

   "Yaku-san bosses me around enough when we go out!" Lev protested. Of course the two still went on dates, it didn't seem like they would break up after the Libero graduated.

   "Hmph," was all Kenma gave. Even if he was a third year now, the blonde didn't show much more enthusiam than normal. And Lev still got on his nerves.

"Anyway," Kuroo changed the subject. "How much sleep did you get last night, Kenma?"

Before he could answer, the setter yawned. "None."

"Woah Kenma!! How are you still awake?" Lev marveled.

Too annoyed to respond, the new coach answered Lev's question. "He's an insomniac, which I'll assume you know what that means, so he can't really help but stay awake."

"So, how many times have you fallen asleep today?" Kenma shot back.

"I'm getting better," Kuroo defended himself, "But it's been twice I think."

   "Kuroo-san whaaaat?!" Lev was even more confused by now.

Done with the second year, Kenma gave his comeback. "Maybe you wouldn't be so oblivious to some situations if you weren't blinded by all the clouds in your view."

"Alright Kenma, he gets it. Anyway, Lev I have this condition where I fall asleep without realizing, even if I'm fully rested. That's all," Kuroo explained.

   "See Kenma, it wasn't that hard to explain," Lev pouted, sulking away.

   "So, twice huh? Seems nice to just sleep whenever," Kenma murmered, returning to practice.