-3-

Kenma woke up with Kuroo curled up on the floor next to where he was in bed. Wait, where was he? Whose bed is this? Why is Kuroo on the floor and not on the bed?

   Eh, the answer to that last question was slightly obvious actually. He had probably just fallen asleep without realizing it, like normal, and ended up on the floor. It wouldn't be surprising.

   Rolling around to stretch, the blonde took in the scent of the unfamiliar location. It smelled like... Kuroo. So maybe this was his home after all—it would explain why he was here, and why Kenma had been tucked in so nicely. How long had it even been since they arrived here? Glancing at the bedside alarm clock, Kenma checked the time.

2:37 a.m.

   Okay so maybe Kuroo had meant to fall asleep considering how late it was, after all, he had a "normal" sleeping schedule. It wouldn't even be worth it for Kenma to attempt sleep now however, he would just have to wake up again in four hours to get ready for his busy weekend. But maybe... He did have a tournament tomorrow.

   "Fine," Kenma whispered to himself in defeat, "I'll try and get some more rest..."

   Ten minutes later that was not the case. No matter what, the setter could not fall asleep. Music didn't help, silence didn't help, not even the steady rhythm of Kuroo's breathing was calming. Every sound, or absence there of, was disturbing.

   "Why the hell can I not be normal?!" Kenma demanded as tears began to stream down his face, him unable to stop them.

   Amazingly, the sudden outburst didn't affect Kuroo. He was still sound asleep, snoring slightly now.

   Kenma had to look down to remember that someone else was in the room with him. Holy crap, Kuroo was one heavy sleeper.

   "Perfection," Kenma whispered, admiring the boy on the floor. He brought the blanket up over himself, feeling a rush of exhaustion overtake him.

   "I want to be as perfect as you are, because you're so fucking beautiful when you sleep, Kuroo."