More than friends (STARBURST)

Hey my darlings! I finally made a starburst fanfiction! Woo-hoo! Please play the speed paint video while you read this. I really like the music so I decided to add it and listen to it while I write. I hope you enjoy reading while listening to the music! Yay! 😗😙😚

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Starlight glimmer's POV

I canter to Sunburst's, my friend, house. Well maybe more than friends, I think. Today is the day I finally have the courage to tell him that I like him, more than a friend. I know he should make the first move and all, but I already have the courage, so why not I'll be the one to make the first move?

I knock on the door when I reached Sunburst's house. I hope this will be worth it. Hey! I traveled from ponyville to the Crystal Empire just for all of this! Actually, I was here for a week or so but I still don't have the guts to tell him. Now that it's my final day of visiting here, I REALLY have to tell him because I have to go back to ponyville tomorrow.

Sunburst peeked out and he immegently saw me. "Oh hey there Starlight!"

"H-hey Sunlight, I mean STARBURST! No, no, no. I mean Sunburst." I stammered. That was so embarrassing. I actually said our shipping name! I blushed from embarrassment.

Sunburst laughed, his orange hair flying everywhere. He looks cute.

"What are you waiting for? Come in, my friend." He said, making way for me to enter his house that's more of a library to me.

My smile faded a bit when he said friend. My courage of telling him my true feelings suddenly fade away.

"What brings you here?" He asked me. Not now! Not when I lost my courage!

"M-me? Well, I'm here to, you know. Explore crystal empire and stuff." I said, plastering a big, nervous smile on my face. Seriously starlight? Explore crystal empire and stuff? That got to be one of my worst excuse ever.

He smiled back. "Well, I'm glad that you're here to stop by to visit you're best friend." Or maybe more than friends, dear.

"Hmmm, why not I'll be your tour guide? I can tour you around crystal empire of you want." He suggested.

"Good idea!" I replied. When I have a chance, I'll tell him that I like him.

Simple, right? WRONG!

The whole day while he was touring me, he keep calling me friend.

"Hey starlight. That's the crystal heart. Do you like it my friend?"

"Starlight, my friend. Let's share this ice cream cone as friends!"

"How about we read this book together. Best friends share, right?"

"ARGH!!!!!!! WILL YOU STOP CALLING ME FRIEND?!" I want to scream. My hopes and chances of telling him slowly slip away. Does he really think I'm just his friend?

At they end of the tour we stopped at his house. "Thank you for the tour!" I said as cheerfully as I can, but I'm really said that he only thinks I'm a friend and nothing else.

He smiled at me and hugged me. "Thank you for spending the day with your best friend."

THAT'S IT!!!!!

I pull away from his hug. "What's wrong?" He asked.

"EVERYTHING!" I shouted, tears falling from my eyes.

"Sunburst I like you! Heck no, I LOVE YOU! More than a friend! You have no idea how I can't sleep at night because I was thinking of you! I think about you day and night! The reason why I went here is to tell you my true feelings. But I guess you don't feel the same."

"S-starlight. I...." He started. Complete shocked on my sudden outburst.

"You only see me as a friend! And nothing else! You probably know that I'm going to tell you my feelings today and decided to block me by telling me we are just friends. If I'm stuck in friend zone, then fine!"

I noticed that sunburst looks defeated. And that his crying too. "Starlight glimmer. Please listen. I called you a friend because-"

"I don't think we have other things to talk about" I said, quickly interrupting him. "Goodbye, my friend."

I galloped as fast as I could. I don't want him to catch up.

I feel so mad and sad at the same time. Actually, I have no idea what I feel. All I know is that it hurts to be friend zoned.

~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sunburst's POV

I have no idea that starlight glimmer actually like- oh, um- love me.

I was about to tell her that I also love her. The reason why I keep telling her that we are 'friends' is because I don't want her to know that I like her. I thought she doesn't like me at all. Now she probably hates me.

That stupid plan of telling-her-that-we-are-friends-so-she-won't-notice-that-I-like-her-so-much failed. I was such an idiot for doing that. I should have told her that I like- wait, no- love her.

That's when I thought of a plan. I hope I'm able to catch up before she goes back to ponyville.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Timeskip to tomorrow

I gallop as fast as I can to the train station. Please! Please! Please! Dear Celestia, let me catch the train on time.

Then I started raining. I groan. Not now. But no! I must do this.

I saw starlight glimmer boarding the train. "STARLIGHT GLIMMER!"

She turned around and glared at me.

"Starlight glimmer! I'm sorry about friend zoning you yesterday. The truth is, I love you back. But I wasn't a man enough to do anything. Please forgive me!"

That's when I hear the train leaving. WHAT?! She just ignored me?!

I sighed. My hair is wet and my glasses are drenched in the rain. She will never forgive me.

That's when I hear hoof steps approaching. I look up and saw starlight glimmer. YES!

"I forgive you." She whispered with a smile.

I wrapped starlight glimmer with a hug. "I love you."

"I love you too." She replied, hugging me back.

That hug isn't a friendship hug, but something more....

Because we are more than friends.