Chapter 4 - Lucia

"Come on, it is a great deal, starting from today we act like a lovely stupid couple, I prove to you that I can be indeed a nice loveable person and once you fall in love with me, I'll break your heart. Or you show me that there's more to you than this boring girl I see every day and I fall for you, and you break my heart, plus the half million. I mean come on, it's a great deal."

"It's stupid." I sighed, I brushed my hair out of my face, looking down at my hands. "My girlfriend is coming back in a month—"

"Lucky then that I'm only asking for a month."

"You can't cheat on me—"

She snorted, rolled her eyes and looked at me like I was some sort of funny little thing. She shook her head.

"What?" I asked, "You're not supposed to cheat in a relationship, Olivia."

"Don't be so naive, you're not supposed to but nothing in this world is the way it's supposed to, is it?" She shrugged. I gave her a deadly glare, she raised her hands and sighed pretending to be frustrated, I smiled at her expression. Olivia sometimes had these comical, overdramatic expressions that for some reason I sometimes found kind of cute. Only sometimes. "Fine, I won't fuck anyone else while we're together, happy?"

I rolled my eyes, "You don't fuck in a relationship you make love."

"Oh my God, how did I not see it earlier, you're so gay, I swear. Anyways I'm a firm believer that you do both, if you only make love how are you keeping things interesting, how are you keeping the so-called 'flame' alive?" She rolled her eyes, her tone mocking as if I was stupid for believing in making love rather than fuck. "If I'm honest with you, I don't think I've ever made love. I have sex. Raw, intense, hot, sweaty, everlasting, magnificent sex."

"Talk about ego..." I rolled my eyes; I decided to ignore her comment and think about something else. I wanted to know something about her first thought, and if we were going to do this, I was going to get something out of it, lots of information, actually. "Okay, first you need to answer my questions."

"I mean— depends but like I said, complete honesty." She shrugged, but something in the way she avoided my eyes and her forced smile told me that she wasn't fully comfortable with that. "Just go slow on me."

"No depends. If we're gonna do this, you're gonna have to be honest about everything." I tried to maintain eye contact but she looked away.

"There are some things I do not wish to share. Some things I am not ready to share, so be patient." The way Olivia's voice sounded forced, she suddenly felt small and so far away from the confident and annoying girl I was used to.

I felt my heart sink at her voice but I wasn't going to make this easy for her, this was way out of my comfort zone, so she had to go through with it with me.

"Well you're supposed to trust me, you have to."

"But—"

"No buts," I shook my head. "First question, have you ever been in a relationship?"

"Uh, easy start," She chuckled with a devilish smirk, letting out a relieved sigh, I didn't realise how nervous she was until then. She stood up, her feet buried in the sand and she grabbed my hand, intertwined our fingers and lead us down the beach.

What the fuck.

"As a matter of fact, yes, I have," she told me, a little smile on her lips as she turned to make eye contact with me. "His name was Gustavo Abel. Beautiful big brown eyes, he had the longest and prettiest eyelashes I've ever seen."

"Where is he now?" I asked, her fingers were cold against mine and for some reason my hand felt sweaty.

"Oh, I don't know," she shrugged, the cold water hit our feet. "We were born the same day that's how our parents meet, at the hospital. Ever since we were born, we were always together. We got married in kindergarten by a girl who had laces." I snorted and she gave me a serious look, as of telling me to take her seriously. "Our relationship reached its end when my parents decide to move here. As a goodbye present, he gave me a teddy bear I still have in my room. So my longest relationship lasted from age 0 to age 6. We lost contact over the years, growing up and such."