Chapter 5 - Olivia

Sometimes in life there were times where I'd do things that were stupid. And I had no explanation for those things. The fact that I was an impulsive person didn't help much either.

For example, the other day, not too long ago, I was at a party with Uriel. We were watching as two girls danced all over Dante. Uriel with a drink in his hand and a look on his face that told me he wanted to join them. I was also telling him that I was done with the bet. The whole get with 100 people bet. And he, being the asshole that he is, took it as me claiming that I couldn't do it. That I was accepting that he had better game. He did not. And he ended up winding me up. We started talking about how I could win if I wanted to and then one thing led to another and he kept saying I no longer could and suddenly, Lucia's name kept coming out of his mouth, and then the fucker said I could never pull her and one thing led to another and I was getting heated and he kept teasing, he kept messing with my head and—

I got home and Afri was leaving because of Marcos' grandma and an idea popped up in my mind. An idea to prove them both wrong. Uri and Lucia. So I came up with the stupid bet. And I don't think I should've because she hadn't even agreed and she had me talking about things I didn't want to talk about.

Lucia was infuriating.

She was also annoying. And she also liked to touch things, which annoyed me. Rolling my eyes as I watched her tapping away, trying to find a song to play on our ride back home. We had just left the restaurant and although it felt like we made some sort of progress, it still felt strange being around her.

"Can you just pick and let the music play?" I told her, looking at the road.

"I think I'm a little tipsy." She said, deciding to play FRIKI by Karol G and Feid. "Is this all you listen to, reggaeton?"

"Among other things."

She stayed quiet for a while, the music filling car and getting rid of the silence. I could tell there was something on her mind but she didn't quite know how to say it. It was the way she kept hitting her lower lip, almost as if that way, she'd stop herself from opening her mouth and blurting out whatever was on her mind.

When she finally made up her mind and decided to let it out, a sigh came out. "I feel like I'm doing something morally wrong by accepting your... proposition." She said, I tried to look at her but she looked out the window. "I feel like it makes me a materialistic person, a greedy one as well, that cares only about money but fuck, Olivia, money could solve so so many things."

I wanted to laugh at the fact that she genuinely thought she could make me fall for her, that she could break my heart.

"Am I a whore for even thinking about accepting—"

"Don't call yourself that." I frowned, that word made my skin feel hot. "You're not that. And it's not like I'm asking you to fuck me. Lucia, I'm sorry if that's what I came across, at no moment do I expect you to have sex with me— actually if anything this was more of an emotional thing."

"You wouldn't expect me to have sex with you?" She asked me, and the question actually made me look at her. Is this really what she thought of me?

"I don't think you mean to," I began, I tried to keep my tone monotonous. "But you're being very offensive right now."

I didn't need to force anyone to have sex with me. Nor did I need to pay anyone for it. I was starting to regret ever offering the stupid fucking deal. Honestly, sometimes I should just keep my mouth shut because now I was in this fucking mess. A relationship, a romantic relationship? I mean, seriously? What was I even thinking, I've never been in one of those, I couldn't be in one, I didn't know how to be in one.