Chapter 9 - Lucia

When Olivia walked through the door, she wasn't alone. Uriel and Max were with her and that... dampen my mood. 

Her very cold text message said that when she got home, we'd talk. So I came home from work, rushed myself so that she wouldn't wait up too long and when I knocked on her room and walked in, she wasn't there. She wasn't home. And I waited. I waited. She didn't come home.

And although I was mad at myself and I felt extremely silly for it, I spent most of my night worrying about what she was doing with hers. 

I hoped at least that when she got home we could talk about it, about what obviously bothered her from our texts and whatever else was on her mind that led her to not come back home. Or call me. Or text me... something, anything... but not nothing.

So when she walked through that door, accompanied by her friends, looking like she spent the whole night doing anything but sleeping, I felt both angry and disappointed. It was a strange feeling, something that although I knew was a possibility, for some reason, I didn't think after what we talked about and after what she promised, she'd make me feel.

And damned me, I believed her.

I felt so stupid for it.

The three of them walked in, Uriel laughing hysterically, Max giggling and Olivia shaking her head. Max gave me a high-five when she sat next to me, Uriel offered me some of the crisps he was eating and Olivia headed straight to the kitchen island. She was looking through the cabinets and I stared at her back, waiting for her to look at me, to acknowledge me but she kept her back to me.

"Hey, Lucia," Uriel shoved me with his shoulder, I looked away from Olivia to his light brown eyes. "You know that cute friend of yours, the one with red hair? Is she single?"

Max snorted, shaking her head. "Why don't you ask her yourself?"

"I did," he frowned, "she blew me off...?"

Max laughed harder, "Wow, shocking. I wonder why."

"Fuck off."

I tried my best to show a smile that didn't look fake, I picked up my books and I got up from the couch. "I've gotta get ready, Jess and Grace are coming over in a bit."

"No way, really? I'm in luck then."

Without missing a beat, Olivia and Max both said "Behave." Uriel tolled his eyes like a little boy that just got told off.

"Excuse him," Max said to me before I turned to walk away, "He usually behaves a lot better when Sasha's around. He's the serious one out of us."

"Mhm," I hummed, to be fair, Sasha was the one I had most contact with from Olivia's friends since he was my boss but then again, we never talked much more than what we needed to.

Before walking away, I gave Olivia a chance to at least acknowledge me, to at least look a little bit remorseful but she kept avoiding my intents of eye contact, so with a heavy heart, I walked away. 

Honestly, how could I be so stupid... because if I was being honest, this whole little show she was putting on, it screamed guilty. And there were so many things that she could've done that could make me look like a complete idiot, my mind kept running and running with all the different scenarios in which Olivia cheated on me— but it wasn't really cheating, though, was it?

Groaning, I took off my t-shirt. I couldn't believe I let Olivia make me feel like this, somewhat insecure and paranoid and I felt so stupid...

"Can I come in?"

Speak of the devil and he shall appear.

"No."

"Lu," she whispered, her voice barely coming through the door but it was the way she said my name that made me open the door.