Nine

Nicki

Walking downstairs, Meek's palms got sweaty as I held onto them. "What you nervous for?" He shook his head. "Nothing, its just hot in here." I rolled my eyes. "Yeah, right. Its too cold in here for you to be sweating, tell me why you nervous." He shook his head.

"Can't never do nothing for you. Go outside." He said, getting behind me. I sighed, opening the door. "Which one of your shenaniga- Oh my..."

He grinned. "Meek, I..." He took my hand again, walking me to a white Mercedes with a red bow on it.

"You got your license right?" I nodded, still overwhelmed. Handing me the keys, I ran over to the driver's seat and Meek got in the passenger.

"Meek, where did you get the money to-" he covered my mouth. "Stop asking questions. Just drive."

I nodded, smiling as I pulled off. "No, but seriously. You can't take Fah to Philly, but you can take me, and get me a car?" He shrugged. "I told you, I'm serious about us. Just give me time to let Fah go. And she wanted to go to shop and shit. We not here for that." I bit my lip, nodding.

     "And by the way, my cousin chipped in. He saw your video and he's doing pretty good in the finance department so he gave me the money to get you something." I smiled. "Thank you." He nodded.

     Taking a ride around, I didn't even know where I was going, nor where I was at. About 15 minutes later, Meek started directing me back to the house.

     Getting there, his cousin was standing outside with his daughter. She looked happy, but mad.

      "Dad, you said you'd get me one." He rolled his eyes. "Your 15, she's 17. She has a license, you don't. When you reach those standards, I'll get you a car."

      I laughed, getting out the car. Meek walked around, hugging me from behind. "I guess you deserve a hug." He kissed my neck. "Don't push it." He shook his head. "Just taking full advantage of my moment."

     Getting up go the porch, I smiled at his cousin. "Thanks, Khyree. You really didn't have to do that for me."

     He shrugged. "When I see a girl with talent that's not as privileged, I'd like to help out in any way I can." I nodded. "Still, thank you, a lot." I said, Meek pulling me into the house.

     "Remember when you said you were hungry about 45 minutes ago?" I licked my lips. "And I still am, what's to eat?" I asked, following him into the kitchen. "Well, for now, cereal." I smacked my teeth.

      "You acted like it was extravagant." He shook his head. "Hey, I got you a car. Don't get picky now." I put my hands up in surrender. "Alright, alright. I'll take it." He shook his head. "Is that all we're down here for?" I asked, making a bowl of cereal.

     "I mean, before we left, I was gone show you around." I shrugged. "Okay. You made it seem like we'd be gone for, like, a week."

     "Nah, I wouldn't do that." He said, sitting down at the table with me. Hearing someone come downstairs, I looked back to see a woman who I assumed was Draya, Khyree's wife.

"Hey, Dray. Long time no see." She smiled. "No one told me you were here. Who's this?" Meek looked at me. "This is my friend, Nicki. Nicki, this is-"

"Draya. Nice to meet you." I reached my hand forward and she shook it. Khyree and Amaya came into the house and joined us at the table, getting a bowl of cereal.

"Baby, when do you think we could take that trip to Canada?" Draya asked Khyree. I looked up at Meek with my eyes, keeping my head down. He was doing the same. Eye communicating, we decided to go back upstairs so they could have family time or something.
**********
Afternoon