Twenty Six

Meek's house

I watched as Meek walked into his room, angry. Throwing his shirt off, he laid on the bed looking at the ceiling. "I know you probably don't want to talk but I don't want Michael. You know he's never going to get me and you know I love you." I left soft kisses on his neck, he was quiet.

     "Don't you have work at 4?" He just nodded. I sighed. "I'll go, if you want me to.." I started to get up from his bed before he tugged on my waist. I looked back at him. "We're not getting anywhere if you won't talk at all. I'd rather come back when you calm down."

     He just pulled me back onto the bed and next to him. Snuggling up, I laid my hand on his chest and threw my leg over his.

     I knew he wasn't jealous, or sad. He was angry at Michael. His body was tense and I could tell by the way he was holding me. He just needs to calm down. I slithered out of his grasp and laid him on his stomach.

"Nic, what you-"

"Shh.."

      I went to his dresser, getting lotion. Rubbing some on my hands, I placed them on his shoulders and started massaging him.

     Soon enough, my hands put him to sleep and I pulled the covers over him, setting the alarm for 3:30. Grabbing my book bag, purse, and phone, I  walked out if his room and texting him so that he'd wake up to it.

Nicki-{Come to the park after work}

     Putting my phone away, I went downstairs and left his house. Walking to mine, I opened my door and walked in. "Nika, that you?"

     "Yeah ma, what's up?" I walked into the kitchen. "Where were you?" I leaned on the counter. "Meek's." She shook her head. "I know you like him but spend some time with us. You're either locked in that room with him or at his house."

I sighed, understanding where she was coming from. "I know, and I will. I'm just gonna sleep right now though." I said.

     "Long day?" I nodded, walking upstairs. Getting comfortable, I sat my alarm for 7:00.
**********
7:45

     I walked down the street, carefully. Getting to the park, I saw the line of people already at the stand. I had until 8:00 to sign up.

     I put myself into the line and signed my name on the sign up sheet. Waiting until 8:15, Meek parked his car on the street. He was sweaty from work, his shirt off and what not.

     Walking over to him, I pecked his lips. "What did you want me over here for?"

     "Rap contest. I signed myself up. Prize is $500 and I could use it since I quit my job." He sighed. "Nic, you got a whole rap career now-"

      "Not yet. If I did, would I be out here? No." He stayed quiet. "Why aren't you supporting me?" He shook his head. "I am, but this just seems stupid." I scoffed and nodded slowly. "Alright, then you could go home. I'ma do my thing and tell you how it goes later." I said, angrily, about to walk away.

     He grabbed my waist, stopping me. I turned around, crossing my arms. "Baby, I ain't mean it like that. I'm jus-"

     He sighed. "I'm not in the best mood. I wanna bust a nigga up for what he said." He ran his hand over his face. I put my hands on his cheeks and brung his face down to mine. "Would it make you happy if we made him jealous?"

Side-eyeing him and his friends showing up, I bit my lip. He shook his head, smirking at me. "We got a good 15 minutes before they start. There's a bench right there, he'll have a perfect view of me making out with you."